Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kansas-bound Mario Chalmers. Apparently he beat UNC-bound Danny Green and Washington-bound Martell Webster to win. I might have more info on the dunk contest later.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
least they didn't let a girl win it this year... Green beat out McRoberts from what I hear.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts
we will have enough dunkers next year, we need him to shoot the three.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A pic of the men's and women's 3PT contest winners.

Gerald Green threw down a bounce-off-the-backbourd-through-the-legs windmill dunk to win the dunk contest over Josh McRoberts, who the NBA scouts are loving.

Ghost said:
Who is going to replace Wayne Simen?
Julian Wright.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wright can play four positions on the floor -- point forward, shooting guard (as a slasher), small forward and power forward. At the McD's AA camp, he's been defending the other team's PF -- usually Tyler Hansbrough -- with great success and has established himself as arguably the premier post defender in the class (analysts say that not only does he shut down his opponent, he often winds up with the ball via blocks and strips). Analysts also say he needs to gain some strength and hone his post skills, as he'll play the post (and some wing) at Kansas. He also doesn't shoot the ball consistently enough from the perimeter to fit in with the 3 guard/wing perimeter Self will use next year (he didn't recruit Dee Brown, Deron Williams and Luther Head to share 2 starting backcourt spots), and the four spot in the offense will allow Wright to showcase his creativity, most notably his passing.

PG -- Chalmers, Robinson/Hawkins
WG -- Giddens, Robinson/Stewart
WF -- Downs, Galindo
PF -- Wright, Moody/Jackson
C -- Moody/Giles/Kaun

·
6,884 Posts
oh and then we are screwed rebounding and scoring wise against bigger teams. oh well.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Chambers
Giddens
Wright
Galindo
Moody

If Giddens falter, Robinson will be starter with Chambers. Moody to start the season, with Giles be a starter by end.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's Chalmers, not Chambers.

Wright was measured at 6'7 1/2" barefoot at last year's USA Development Festival in Colorado. He'll be 6'8 1/2" - 6'9" in shoes when he arrives at Kansas, about 225 pounds or so. He's a spectacular athlete with a superlong wingspan and a nose for the ball. That said, how is Kansas going to "screwed" when it comes to rebounding with Wright at the four as opposed to Moody next season? And if anybody is going to "screw up" KU's interior scoring, it's Moody (who should be coming off the bench).

Seriously...think about it.

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
VincentVega said:
It's Chalmers, not Chambers.

Wright was measured at 6'7 1/2" barefoot at last year's USA Development Festival in Colorado. He'll be 6'8 1/2" - 6'9" in shoes when he arrives at Kansas, about 225 pounds or so. He's a spectacular athlete with a superlong wingspan and a nose for the ball. That said, how is Kansas going to "screwed" when it comes to rebounding with Wright at the four as opposed to Moody next season? And if anybody is going to "screw up" KU's interior scoring, it's Moody (who should be coming off the bench).

Seriously...think about it.
sorry for spelled his name wrong, jeez

Why did you put Moody in starting lineup if you just said that he should be off the bench above?
PG -- Chalmers, Robinson/Hawkins
WG -- Giddens, Robinson/Stewart
WF -- Downs, Galindo
PF -- Wright, Moody/Jackson
C -- Moody/Giles/Kaun

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kansasalumn said:
sorry for spelled his name wrong, jeez
No prob, just pointing it out.

Why did you put Moody in starting lineup if you just said that he should be off the bench above?
"Moody/Giles/Kaun", as in either of those three could start at low post. If Giles and/or Kaun improves even marginally this summer, I think one of them should start. Will they start? Now that's another question. Those two are too big, athletic and talented not to. That said, Self really, really likes Moody...he very well could start, he very well will start, but I think there's more talented options to start in place of him (Giles/Kaun or Wright/Jackson). Don't get me wrong, I love Moody, but he's not a starter -- he's an absolutely great 6th or 7th man.

·
6,884 Posts
MoGilun will rotate every so weeks me think. I will reserve judgement on the team until I see it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts