Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what Insider is reporting:

Atlanta trades: PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)
C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)
SG Jason Terry (19.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 38.0 minutes)
Atlanta receives: SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)
PF Othella Harrington (7.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.3 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -7.4 ppg, -6.9 rpg, and -2.1 apg.

New York trades: SF Latrell Sprewell (19.4 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 3.9 apg in 41.1 minutes)
PF Othella Harrington (7.7 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 0.5 apg in 20.3 minutes)
New York receives: PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)
C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 82 games)
SG Jason Terry (19.3 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5.7 apg in 78 games)
Change in team outlook: +7.4 ppg, +6.9 rpg, and +2.1 apg.

Not a bad trade for the Knicks, in my opinion. Jason Terry is not a real PG, but he could certainly help. Nazr Mohammed would be a quality starting center and Henderson is a solid backup. His contract hurts, but I would do this deal if I were the Knicks. The highlight of this trade, in my opinion, is Mohammed. The Knicks want to switch Henderson for Kukoc, but the Hawks don't want that.

What do you guys think about this trade?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I think it's a good trade. There's no other way to get a center, really... unless you guys want Doleac as the starting center. Mohammed is a decent scoring, high-energy bigman.

Jason Terry is very quick, and a good scorer... and getting him to be the starting PG also means that Frank Williams can get more minutes, because when Houston's out of the game Terry can shift over to SG to let Williams play.

It would also be a message to Postell to either play good basketball, or shut up... because he'll finally get an opportunity for decent minutes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hahahaha....yes that is a good trade...for the knicks. However, the Hawks to not live and die trying to help the Knicks. Notice how the outlook for the Hawks has a lot of - signs. That means it is not good for the team. No team would make a deal with every column being - something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts