Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else want to see this tour or have already seen it? It has NERD, The Roots, Talib Kweli, and Skillz on it. I'm going to see it tonight at the Verizon Amphitheatre in Irvine then I'm probably going to watch a movie up in Anaheim, because the concerts very early (4 PM).

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by <b>KABI</b>!
That's pretty awesome, is Rahzel with Roots there?
Nope, he has beef with The Roots now, I'm pretty sure. Scratch wasn't there either tonight. But Common showed up. :D

In the order of who played the best:

1)The Roots
2)Talib Kweli
3)Skillz
4)N.E.R.D (the headliners)
5)O.A.R
6)Robert Rudolph & The Family Band

N.E.R.D. didn't deserve to be headliners. People were only hyped during "Rock Star", "Lapdance", and "Frontin". Maybe because The Roots got so many people hyped and tired during their performance.

I met Skillz and he signed my Skillz CD. Very nice guy and great freestyler. :yes:

Harvey (on Neptunes label, Star Trek), Xzibit, and Common all made guest appearances. Common breakdanced and sang a song with The Roots. Xzibit provided the other half for a song with Kweli and freestyled. Harvey added his part in "Lapdance".

I'll probably write more about it tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Moo2K4</b>!
That tour doesn't look like it'd enthuse me too much. But, I'm a rock fan so, yea, that's about why.
Why's that? The Roots have some of the best people at bass, guitar, and drums. Kirk Douglas AKA Captain Kirk busted out his best Jimi Hendrix impression, playing one handed, with his teeth and with his tongue. Hub did some crazy **** on the bass.
?uestlove did his usual thing on the drums, and it was amazing. As always, it ended with playing some beats from rap songs and songs from the late 80's.

Kweli had a great set like always. Played some Blackstar stuff, some Hi-Tek and Kweli stuff, and some single stuff.It went crazy when Xzibit came out.

Skillz opened the show and had a great set. Had some great disses on Ghostwriter, in case you haven't heard of the song. Bought his CD, met him, and talked to him for a little, and got his autograph.

N.E.R.D. was alright. All the ladies went crazy for Pharell. I have never seen that many trucker hats in my life. Pharrell kept saying "Where are we?", expecting LA, but everytime, a lot of people said Irvine, because that's where we were. I don't know WHY they headlined.

O.A.R. is a band trying to be like the Dave Matthews Band. They were alright, nothing to get excited about. As expected, not to be stereotypical or anything, but a lot of the white people were into it, but I can't say the same for the blacks there. They had a 1 hour set, the same length as N.E.R.D. and The Roots...WHY?!?!?

Robert Randolph & The Family Band were good. Better than I expected, but they weren't that great. Had some good beats and everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts