Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The San Antonio Spurs are the frontrunners to acquire Al Jefferson, according to a report.

Jefferson will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and the Utah Jazz are unlikely to re-sign them.

“Those teams are practically incestuous, they are on such good terms internally,” one NBA source said.

Dennis Lindsey, current GM of the Jazz, is formerly of the Spurs' front office.

Via Chris Sheridan/Sheridan Hoops

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
Any trade for Jefferson essentially has to include Stephen Jackson, and for a trade to be that attractive to Utah, you're probably talking about Kawhi Leonard. I don't think the Spurs give up two of their top swingmen to add to an already solid frontcourt.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Damn, that would be a hell of a PF/C combo.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Last season was the first playoffs Jefferson had really played in. He commented on how different it was. I think he would go to a winner even at a cut rate. Duncan doesn't really play under the basket anymore so they would mesh well.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Sounds great for San Antonio, but what would they really give up? I can't imagine they'd trade Leonard, Splitter, or even Green. Would Utah really be interested in Stephen Jackson along with some combination of Blair, Joseph, de Colo, and a 1st round pick? I feel like they could get a much better deal elsewhere.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Any trade for Jefferson essentially has to include Stephen Jackson, and for a trade to be that attractive to Utah, you're probably talking about Kawhi Leonard. I don't think the Spurs give up two of their top swingmen to add to an already solid frontcourt.
Im guessing Jefferson would be the replacement for Duncan since it wouldnt surprise me if he retired after this season

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I sincerely doubt that the Spurs will give up Kawhi Leonard. Dude is a really good player and losing him would be a big deal as the things he provides are vital to playoff success. Duncan has pretty much stated that he's going to play out his contract. I believe he has one year and a player option for 2014 left on his deal. I suspect he'll retire then.

What is Big Al really worth when you know that you have to pay him (which the Spurs probably can not) and you know Utah isn't going to pay him. His value is a rental for the rest of the season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts