Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MAVS NOW a half game outta 3rd place. Duncan got his shot swatted at the buzzer by JOE SMITH of all peeps. LOL Peeps continue to hate on the mavs but it's all good

·
Registered
240 Posts
Timmy choked hard in almost every way imaginable. :eek:

Even worse, after the Spurs thought they won and ran off the court, Kevin Willis had to come back on the court to get the news (that Duncan's shot was after time expired), and tell the rest of his teamates in the lockeroom they lost.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Spurs are a real up and down team this season. They looked average in November, then they looked unbeatable in December and now they look average again in January.

November: 8-7
December: 13-2
January: 7-7

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cause in dec they played a very WEAK SCHEDULE. now it's getting tougher and they are being exposed

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WHAT?! NO ONE WANNA TALK BOUT THE SPURS LOSS? IF THIS WAS THE MAVS YALL WOULD BE ALL OVER IT

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
If I attentively review the replay of the buzzer dunk, and I find out it was before the buzzer, I'm going to sue the NBA PERIOD

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!
WHAT?! NO ONE WANNA TALK BOUT THE SPURS LOSS? IF THIS WAS THE MAVS YALL WOULD BE ALL OVER IT
You act like its the first time the Spurs lost.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Kings are comming back to earth now that they are in to playing some games away from Arco against the top teams. Mavs are like a pack of Wolves hot on thier trail.

I think Minny is for real with their record and are the 'real' team to challenge the Mavs for the Western Conf this year.

Of course this is all predicated on the Lakers health. If they get everybody back healthy, everyone else is playing for next best team in the NBA.

I predict the top teams going into the playoffs as:

Lakers (if healthy)
Wolves
Mavs
Sacto
Pacers
Spurs

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

it's not but they slumping and peeps don't wanna talk about it. But the mavs are on an 8 game winning streak and peeps still HATING. sup with that?

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
cause in dec they played a very WEAK SCHEDULE. now it's getting tougher and they are being exposed
Yeah. Because the Bucks are soooo good. The Spurs lose because of how they play more than how the other team plays.

They are fully capable of running off on another huge win streak. And then where does that leave you?

Threads such as these are generally not wise. Whether they are about the Spurs, the Lakers, the Mavs, Kings or the Wolves.

Fact o' the matter is, it's a long season. Teams get hot. They slump. But rest assured. At the end of the day the games that matter are in the playoffs not now.

This losing streak, just like the last one, does nothing to affect my views on the spurs chances to repeat. They are still the favorite in my book. With the Lakers being the other favorite. The only team that can beat one in the playofffs, is probably the other.

Watch out for Houston and Memphis though.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
MAVS NOW a half game outta 3rd place. Duncan got his shot swatted at the buzzer by JOE SMITH of all peeps. LOL Peeps continue to hate on the mavs but it's all good
He didn't get blocked at the buzzer, that was with like 3 seconds left.

Forget to read the title?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
during the spurs streak they beat

orlando (2 times)
chicago
portland (2times)
houston (2 times)
memphis
seattle
memphis
clippers
milwaukee
toronto

are ANY of those teams contenders?

houston is solid so is memphis

the others? not so good.

the spurs are 0 and 7 against the top teams in the west. They beating BAD AND OK TEAMS not good teams.

nice try though

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Yeah. Because the Bucks are soooo good. The Spurs lose because of how they play more than how the other team plays.

They are fully capable of running off on another huge win streak. And then where does that leave you?

Threads such as these are generally not wise. Whether they are about the Spurs, the Lakers, the Mavs, Kings or the Wolves.

Fact o' the matter is, it's a long season. Teams get hot. They slump. But rest assured. At the end of the day the games that matter are in the playoffs not now.

This losing streak, just like the last one, does nothing to affect my views on the spurs chances to repeat. They are still the favorite in my book. With the Lakers being the other favorite. The only team that can beat one in the playofffs, is probably the other.

Watch out for Houston and Memphis though.
My thoughts as well.

I know how the Spurs are capable of playing. A bad game doesnt effect how good they can play the next night. Playoffs is what matters.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
during the spurs streak they beat

orlando (2 times)
chicago
portland (2times)
houston (2 times)
memphis
seattle
memphis
clippers
milwaukee
toronto

are ANY of those teams contenders?

houston is solid so is memphis

the others? not so good.

the spurs are 0 and 7 against the top teams in the west. They beating BAD AND OK TEAMS not good teams.

nice try though
obviously peeps missed this

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Re: Re: SPURS LOSE AGAIN (duncan choked at the buzzer)

Originally posted by <b>q</b>!
Forget to read the title?
No, just noticing the hypocracy.

I find it funny that he thinks the Mavs have haters, yet he makes a whole thread dedicated to a regular season loss.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: SPURS LOSE AGAIN (duncan choked at the buzzer)

No, just noticing the hypocracy.

I find it funny that he thinks the Mavs have haters, yet he makes a whole thread dedicated to a regular season loss.
man even when the mavs win there's threads hating on them saying the suck blah blah blah yet when the spurs can't beat GOOD TEAMS and go on a hot streak against LOTTERY TEAMS i can't speak on it? that's uh.......... (holds his tongue)

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: SPURS LOSE AGAIN (duncan choked at the buzzer)

man even when the mavs win there's threads hating on them saying the suck blah blah blah yet when the spurs can't beat GOOD TEAMS and go on a hot streak against LOTTERY TEAMS i can't speak on it? that's uh.......... (holds his tongue)
Well, by fighting back against Mavs haters in this way, you only make yourself look like a hater too.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SPURS LOSE AGAIN (duncan choked at the buzzer)

Well, by fighting back against Mavs haters in this way, you only make yourself look like a hater too.
oh ok I thought this was a bball forum. The spurs are the mavs divisional and state rivals yet I can't post about them? Seems like you're running out of things to say and just posting b.s now. *shrugs*

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: SPURS LOSE AGAIN (duncan choked at the buzzer)

oh ok I thought this was a bball forum. The spurs are the mavs divisional and state rivals yet I can't post about them? Seems like you're running out of things to say and just posting b.s now. *shrugs*
So when you post things related to the Spurs losing, its just part of basketball discussion, when someone else posts about the Mavs losing, its hate...that makes sense. :laugh:

Now whos running out of things to say.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.