Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although the Suns have razzle dazzle, and are personally one of my favourite teams, it is clear that defense wins championships and thats why the suns will have no chance against the stingy spurs in the playoffs this year.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome to the boards!

I agree that the Suns will have trouble if they do meet up with the Spurs in the playoffs. However to say they have no chance is a little premature. If the Suns get hot they can beat the Spurs. I know the odds are against them but you can't ignore the offensive talent the Suns have. I think it is possible to outscore them and beat them in a 7 game series.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
If the Suns and Spur meet in the playoffs, it will likely be in the third round, unless San Antonio slips badly and falls into the third seed behind Seattle. This is not likely, but we have seen how inconsistent and vulnerable the Spurs are without Timmy. Both teams would have to win their first two rounds, and neither team is guaranteed a stroll through the park to the Western Conference final series.

Yes, SA has a better defense, but they can be beat. Maybe even in a seven-game series.

G-Force

1 - 3 of 3 Posts