Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all you Spurs haters-

Mavs fans,
you guys have no right to talk. You guys have had all the talent and have done absolutely nothing. Congrats on tying us for the best record in the regular season last year, but what did that get you? An early exit thanks too us. Now until you beat US SPURS IN THE PLAYOFFS - PLEASE DON'T TALK! It makes me laugh on how pathetic Mavs fans really are when they win 8 straight regular season games???

Try winning 12 straight on the way to your first title and taking down the 3-time defending NBA champions

Ohhh yeah....You won't have homecourt against Sacramento in the playoffs, so don't count on what happened Sunday to repeat itself especially with C-Webb returning

The Spurs are still the champions. They don't play up to their potential every night like they should. In my opinion, we've seen the best from the Mavericks and this isn't something for Dallas to look forward too. So it's still not too late to starting rooting for the Spurs...

I will be in the house rockin the SBC Center Thursday when the Kings pay their first visit to SA...

GO SPURS GO!

P.S. From now on their should be a rule on this board where you can't talk until your team has PLAYOFF success...

Thanks
That means Lakers/Spurs Fans can talk

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spursincharge</b>!

P.S. From now on their should be a rule on this board where you can't talk until your team has PLAYOFF success...
That would kill these boards. Have you seen the size of the Blazers and Bulls boards? And those two teams may not even make the playoffs.

I kind of like this. Mavs and Spurs fans are very quiet on the main board compared to Kings, Wolves, and Lakers fans. Good to see they have their fervent supporters as well.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts

Try winning 12 straight on the way to your first title and taking down the 3-time defending NBA champions
Actually that was their second championship.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
"spursincharge..." is that like Charles in Charge?

Spurs in charge, of our days and our nights
Spurs in charge, of our wrongs and our rights...

Those goofy Spurs! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nobody is saying the Spurs aren't a great team. No Mavs fan doesn't worry when the Spurs come to town.

But don't annoint them the Champs just cause they won it all last year.

The West has had a lot of changes this year and it's fun to see it all play out. It's no fun for people to sit here and say that so and so will win it all and no one else is a contender.

Lets face it this year is very much up for grabs.

I'm sorry that you are a bitter Spurs fan and don't like to hear that your team is not doing well against the top teams in the league and that even with your great start to the season Dallas has no caught up. I'm sorry that you don't like it when fans of other teams point out that you have played the 22nd easiest schedule in the league and question your record and whether your team is really gonna be able to repeat as champions.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
In this world you are only as good as your last game.

The Spurs haven't had the best record recently but anyone who is taking them for granted come playoff time will have only themselves to blame when they get their butts kicked when it matters.

No one is taking the Spurs lightly (at least not teams with a brain)

I don't agree that teams without a championship can't talk. If that is the case my team trumps yours by at least 12. (so what if it has been 18 years since our last win and will probably be 20 more before we even come close again(Thanks for nothing Danny Ainge)

·
Registered
346 Posts
To all you Spurs haters-

Mavs fans,
you guys have no right to talk. You guys have had all the talent and have done absolutely nothing. Congrats on tying us for the best record in the regular season last year, but what did that get you? An early exit thanks too us. Now until you beat US SPURS IN THE PLAYOFFS - PLEASE DON'T TALK! It makes me laugh on how pathetic Mavs fans really are when they win 8 straight regular season games???

Ohhh yeah....You won't have homecourt against Sacramento in the playoffs, so don't count on what happened Sunday to repeat itself especially with C-Webb returning

The Spurs are still the champions. They don't play up to their potential every night like they should. In my opinion, we've seen the best from the Mavericks and this isn't something for Dallas to look forward too. So it's still not too late to starting rooting for the Spurs...

I will be in the house rockin the SBC Center Thursday when the Kings pay their first visit to SA...

GO SPURS GO!

Thanks
spurs first title won during bs lockout season when no one was in shape and mad teams got injured

Spurs 2nd title won in a season in which marbury, webber, fox, george, kobe, shaq, and dirk all were hurt either playing thrugh the pain and not being near as effective or missing key parts of the series.

Spurs won the midwest title because finley missed the last 12 games of the season last year with a hamstring injury. It took all of that for the spurs just to tie the mavs and your spurs STRUGGLED to a mavs team missing dirk and bradley and starting

Raef
Walt Williams
Fin
Nve
Nash

and when raef got in foul trouble (only played 24 mins a game) they played najera at center

Najera
Walt Williams
Fin
Nve
Nash

and were one fourth quarter collapse(scored franchise low 9 points in the fourth of game 6) away from forcing a game seven AFTER playing an exception deep blazer team and kings team. So I wouldn't really brag about that SHIP last year. You guys just barely got out alive against a mavs team THAT HAVE NO 7 FOOTERS ACTIVE FOR THE LAST 3 GAMES OF THE SERIES AND ONLY ONE PLAYER OVER 6 10 WHO STAYED IN FOUL TROUBLE AND BARELY PLAYED HALF OF ANY GAME IN THAT SERIES.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
:nonono:

Well shoot, those are enough excuses to fill a whole book. We've heard them all 100 times. But ten years from now no one will remember them, they'll just remember how the Spurs won the title twice and the Mavs didn't.

It seems there's always another team whose players aren't in shape, so beating them doesn't mean anything (and I hope I'm not the only one who is amused that you gave the Spurs title an asterisk because Rick Fox and Devean George got injured). Maybe other teams' players aren't as dedicated to the game as the Spurs' players are, and that's why they got injured or just weren't in good shape when it counted?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

Well shoot, those are enough excuses to fill a whole book. We've heard them all 100 times. But ten years from now no one will remember them, they'll just remember how the Spurs won the title twice and the Mavs didn't.

It seems there's always another team whose players aren't in shape, so beating them doesn't mean anything (and I hope I'm not the only one who is amused that you gave the Spurs title an asterisk because Rick Fox and Devean George got injured). Maybe other teams' players aren't as dedicated to the game as the Spurs' players are, and that's why they got injured or just weren't in good shape when it counted?

asterisk cause of that? Nope. Kobe had to have offseason shoulder surgery. S haq had offseason surgery. Dirk had offseason surgery. Webber had offseason surgery. Alot of guys missed time last year. It's not like the spurs beat teams at 100 percent and dominated. *shrugs* But spurs fans brag about beating the mavs with a 6 7 sf and a 6 8 sf starting at center and pf. If that helps you guys sleep at night then so be it. *shrugs*

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!

Yeah, no wonder that dope Duncan was injured during the 2000 playoffs, he must not have been in good shape.

:laugh:

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!

asterisk cause of that? Nope. Kobe had to have offseason shoulder surgery. S haq had offseason surgery. Dirk had offseason surgery. Webber had offseason surgery. Alot of guys missed time last year. It's not like the spurs beat teams at 100 percent and dominated. *shrugs* But spurs fans brag about beating the mavs with a 6 7 sf and a 6 8 sf starting at center and pf. If that helps you guys sleep at night then so be it. *shrugs*
No offense but you sound like a baby. Spurs fans can say they would have 4 titles now if it weren't for the two times Tim Duncan was injured. The difference is they would have a legit beef because he has led his team to a title. These other players you mention (besides Kobe and Shaq) haven't led their team to anything when healthy so what is the difference.:whatever:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MemphisX</b>!

No offense but you sound like a baby. Spurs fans can say they would have 4 titles now if it weren't for the two times Tim Duncan was injured. The difference is they would have a legit beef because he has led his team to a title. These other players you mention (besides Kobe and Shaq) haven't led their team to anything when healthy so what is the difference.:whatever:

lolllllllllll man the lakers were in the zone back then. They went like 15 and 1 in the playoffs the second year and played well in the 1st year. The blazers were actually the favs to win the title that year but the lakers pulled it out after the blazers choked in the 4th quarter of game 7 in their first of 3 straight titles

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EHL</b>!

Yeah, no wonder that dope Duncan was injured during the 2000 playoffs, he must not have been in good shape.

:laugh:
2000 playoffs wasn't the lockout season. Duncan hurt his knee right before the playoffs and even before then the blazers then the lakers were the favs to win the title

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
To all you Spurs haters-

Mavs fans,

GO SPURS GO!

Thanks
You're full of gas.

That was last year. I give you all due respect for your achievements LAST YEAR. However, everyone is entitled to their opinions on what will happen this year. UNTIL YOU BEAT ANYONE IN THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR PLEASE DON'T TALK.

Your timing is terrible to be honest. The Spurs have lost 6 of their last 9:eek: including against the mighty Hawks.

No-one in their right mind is writing the Spurs off - far from it - but they are beatable this year my friend. They have already lost almost as many as they did the whole of last season. Parker is suffering, and Manu has not yet reached the superstar status most people thought he would. Nesterovic is far from an upgrade at center.

Don't lull yourself into a false sense of security. On paper, Minnesota, Sacramento and LA are better.

Let people have their say. DOn't become arrogant like all the Laker fans:grinning:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Spurs arnt as good as they were last year, where every team in the west improved, except Dallas. Minny added scoring threats, Sac added Brad Miller, Lakers added the hall of fame. Spurs lost Stephen Jackson and Robinson and added Rasho, Mercer, 68 year old Horry. Wow

and to your comment about not posting if your team hasnt had post season sucsess. HOW MANY YEARS WHERE THE SPURS IN THE LEAGUE TIL THEY WON THEIR FIRST TITLE??? Minny has only been in the league since 89. They havent had a first round pick the last 4 out of 5 years. They never had cap to make a move in the off season til this year, and you guys wonder why minny lost in the playoffs before? THEY HAD ONE PLAYER, KG. DID shaq win a title alone? Did Jordan? Hell, did Duncan? Ill awnser that, NO.
SA isnt doing anything this year, arnt even gonna win the division.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nashdaddy25</b>!
Spurs arnt as good as they were last year, where every team in the west improved, except Dallas
i agree with everything you said cept for this? How did dallas not improve? Just curious

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Duncan

Duncan was practically alone...

Everyone else was so inconsistent...

and KG has had Stephon, TB, Wally...

Thats a lot of 1st round choking

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!

i agree with everything you said cept for this? How did dallas not improve? Just curious
How did Dallas improve? Most of the players even say they didn't want anything to happen in the offseason because they believed they could get it done. They have Jamison...who comes off the bench. Van Exel was their most clutch player last year and was a stopper when they were doing bad.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AL9045</b>!

How did Dallas improve? Most of the players even say they didn't want anything to happen in the offseason because they believed they could get it done. They have Jamison...who comes off the bench. Van Exel was their most clutch player last year and was a stopper when they were doing bad.
NVE wasn't a stopper on D, he was a liability. Him and Nash were usually in the same lineups for Nelly's small ball he liked to play. Defensively the opponents' 6'6" SG would easily get shots off over NVE in zone or man.

Non-Mavs fans give NVE Waaaaay too much credit. Sure he provided a spark off the bench, that was only half the time. The other half, he was causing turnovers due to him jacking up shots.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts