Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battle Of the Saints! Louis vs Joseph! St. Louis was a crusader. Joseph is most known for chewable asprin. Frankly I needed prescription strength pain killers after our first meeting.

St. Joes is on a what?? six game winning streak. St. Louis is 0 for the last two. Our head to head meeting was just awful. By the time St. Joes was done with the initial flurry we were damn near done. Hopefully this time the hurt the Hawks put on Dayton will have taken something out of them.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
When is Tommie Liddell going to learn to make foul shots? He is going to be a special player but that part of his game needs to improve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
SLU v. SJU and REFS

Both teams are not playing well besides their OK defense. However, SJU has the benefit of the Refs on their side. I haven't complained about the refs all year and I can understand it a bit in a road game but a neutral site tourney game come one! Is it SJU that gets the calls or is it SLU that gets the calls against them because they are new? Or is it both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,245 Posts
The refs suck in every game, all game long. But that is not why the Bills are losing, Hawks are taking it to them, Bills can't make a shot and Jalloh is eating them up.

Hawks up 25-11, 4:08.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Re: SLU v. SJU and REFS

TheA_Bomb said:
Both teams are not playing well besides their OK defense. However, SJU has the benefit of the Refs on their side. I haven't complained about the refs all year and I can understand it a bit in a road game but a neutral site tourney game come one! Is it SJU that gets the calls or is it SLU that gets the calls against them because they are new? Or is it both?
come on now...please don't use that as an excuse...as of now we are outplaying you in pretty much all aspects of the game...you've scored 14 points...don't be so lame with blaming the refs...and no, I don't think it's over...we have been known to go long periods of time without scoring...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
Re: SLU v. SJU and REFS

TheA_Bomb said:
Both teams are not playing well besides their OK defense. However, SJU has the benefit of the Refs on their side. I haven't complained about the refs all year and I can understand it a bit in a road game but a neutral site tourney game come one! Is it SJU that gets the calls or is it SLU that gets the calls against them because they are new? Or is it both?
That is weak.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Hey if the refs had not been on Temples side uri would have only lost by 25

weakest board posting is complaning about the refs when your team is down in the a-10 tourney
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
What's weak is the SJU fans understanding of my first post. I am not blaming the Refs for SLU playing badly I am saying that their terrible calls are hurting a team that is already struggling offensively. At the time I posted both teams were playing badly offensively and both were doing OK defensively. SLU was unable to get into any rythymn 1. because they came out tight and 2. because of some of the bad traveling calls and over the back calls that gave the ball back to SJU. Maybe you don't notice the terrible officiating because you don't want to notice it, your desensitized to it, or because you just don't want to admit the edge that SJU is getting because of it. SJU only started taking it to SLU at the end of the 1st half. SLU is struggling no doubt but we don't need SJU and THE REFS to both kick us when we are down.

Officiating makes a difference if the first four trips down the floor you have 4 questionable fouls on you called and then for some reason your off all game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,002 Posts
TheA_Bomb said:
What's weak is the SJU fans understanding of my first post. I am not blaming the Refs for SLU playing badly I am saying that their terrible calls are hurting a team that is already struggling offensively. At the time I posted both teams were playing badly offensively and both were doing OK defensively. SLU was unable to get into any rythymn 1. because they came out tight and 2. because of some of the bad traveling calls and over the back calls that gave the ball back to SJU. Maybe you don't notice the terrible officiating because you don't want to notice it, your desensitized to it, or because you just don't want to admit the edge that SJU is getting because of it. SJU only started taking it to SLU at the end of the 1st half. SLU is struggling no doubt but we don't need SJU and THE REFS to both kick us when we are down.

Officiating makes a difference if the first four trips down the floor you have 4 questionable fouls on you called and then for some reason your off all game.
You were way off base and now are trying to justify it? STOP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mik said:
When is Tommie Liddell going to learn to make foul shots? He is going to be a special player but that part of his game needs to improve.

He could use a mid to long range jumper too..........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,245 Posts
For those not watching on tv, there are lots of choice seats available. I'm guessing about 16,000 of them for this game. This place makes the Spectrum look like a basketball pit, and I'll bet US Bank Arena is losing their shirt on this bid.

In other news, Ahmad Nivens just went down, looks to be his left ankle and he looks to be in a lot of pain. I hope it's not serious, that would be a killer for the streaking Hawks. Now they think it's not that bad,.

Hawks up 40-24, 11:26 to go. Bills with 24 points in 29 mins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
At this point the Refs aren't a factor SLU can't hit a shot and SJU is shutting them down defensively. At the 1st part of the 1st half there were terrible calls that didn't allow SLU to get into a rythymn even if they would have come out hot they wouldn't have gotten a shot off because they got called for a traveling call when the SJU player was obviously pulling on Liddell's jersey. I will just assume from now on that you are all listening to this game via the internet or radio at work and not watching it because we obviously aren't watching the same game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,245 Posts
Give it a rest TheA Bomb. You're losing because you look like crap and Martelli has figured out how to totally shut down the Bills.

BTW, someone should tell them they're down 20 and to start speeding up the offense. This is no time for deliberate possessions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
God I'm glad I didn't take off work and or travel to Cincy for this. I am really, REALLY, disappointed in my Billikens. This is freaking embarassing.
 
1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Top