Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Jump Hook Assassin
1,870 Posts
Sorry, Bills fans ... this couldn't have been easy to swallow. Heck of a year nonetheless, one I suppose will continue in the NIT.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Lari Ketner said:
Sorry, Bills fans ... this couldn't have been easy to swallow. Heck of a year nonetheless, one I suppose will continue in the NIT.
Damn refs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Martelli knows what buttons to push down the stretch. Going to be an interesting game tomorrow.

Couldn't be more thrilled with the way the Hawks played in these first two games.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Blue Dog said:
Give it a rest TheA Bomb. You're losing because you look like crap and Martelli has figured out how to totally shut down the Bills.

BTW, someone should tell them they're down 20 and to start speeding up the offense. This is no time for deliberate possessions.

That IS the speedy version of the BS offense......

·
Registered
39 Posts
TheA_Bomb said:
What's weak is the SJU fans understanding of my first post. I am not blaming the Refs for SLU playing badly I am saying that their terrible calls are hurting a team that is already struggling offensively. At the time I posted both teams were playing badly offensively and both were doing OK defensively. SLU was unable to get into any rythymn 1. because they came out tight and 2. because of some of the bad traveling calls and over the back calls that gave the ball back to SJU. Maybe you don't notice the terrible officiating because you don't want to notice it, your desensitized to it, or because you just don't want to admit the edge that SJU is getting because of it. SJU only started taking it to SLU at the end of the 1st half. SLU is struggling no doubt but we don't need SJU and THE REFS to both kick us when we are down.

Officiating makes a difference if the first four trips down the floor you have 4 questionable fouls on you called and then for some reason your off all game.

If you hit a 3 on all 4 trips we'd still have won comfortably...seriously, stop for you're own sake...

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Tough way to go out Bills fans, but you should feel good about the season and your future prospects. I was impressed with the Bills showing this year, I hope you get an NIT bid and make some noise.

As they noted on the tv broadcast, frosh often hit a wall this time of the year and maybe that's part of what happened to you guys down the stretch.

Plus you swept my Muskies this year and that's not something that many teams in this league can claim in the 9-10 years we've been in it. Only the Dukes that I can think of off the top of my head.

I liked the Hawks as my dark horse and they've come through so far. When the Owls and Hawks meet tomorrow, with the pigeons flying overhead, look for feathers to be flying!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Martelli has us figured out and our young team couldn't overcome the tough d to look like they belonged in this game. This game was frustrating from all angles. I find some solace in the fact that we only start one senior and only lose 1 senior of any consequene, Drejaj. SLU is now left wondering if we will get an NIT bid but if they will play the way they did today they don't deserve one. From 9-21 to 16-13 is tolerable. Overall I am dissatisfied with the A10 so far. This year as a conference we couldn't crack the RPI code, will only get two teams in the dance b/c GW lost, have questions about academic qualifications of players, and my fellow posters can't even concede that the refs suck. I like being in a conference with similar schools and I do think it will get better as will SLU next year....... how many times have I had to say next year? I feel like a Cubs fan.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
TheA_Bomb said:
Martelli has us figured out and our young team couldn't overcome the tough d to look like they belonged in this game. This game was frustrating from all angles. I find some solace in the fact that we only start one senior and only lose 1 senior of any consequene, Drejaj. SLU is now left wondering if we will get an NIT bid but if they will play the way they did today they don't deserve one. From 9-21 to 16-13 is tolerable. Overall I am dissatisfied with the A10 so far. This year as a conference we couldn't crack the RPI code, will only get two teams in the dance b/c GW lost, have questions about academic qualifications of players, and my fellow posters can't even concede that the refs suck. I like being in a conference with similar schools and I do think it will get better as will SLU next year....... how many times have I had to say next year? I feel like a Cubs fan.
Bomb - I was agreeing with you until you brought up the refs again. There are plenty of opportunities to rip the refs. Today was not one of them.

I think everyone in this league expected better results this year.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
TheA_Bomb said:
and my fellow posters can't even concede that the refs suck. .
Everyone on this board KNOWS the refs suck. We are numb to it and tired of hearing the whining from the losing team.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey A10fan maybe you could recognize a joke when you see it? I am very frustrated right now, you know how it feels because you X fans have been that way most of the year. So cut me a lil' slack.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are disappointed with the A10, go back to CUSA. They had one heck of a year too.

Billiken fans b*t* more than any fans I know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So your happy with the way that the A10 performed this year? If so please site the reasons for it. Overall, this is a dissappointing year for the A10 can you not admit that or is it particularly hard to take from the "new guy."

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
The A-10 is prone to cycles, like every other league, though we have less margin for error than those conferences in front of us because we have less depth. On paper, the league is recruiting as well as it's ever been. We'll see. It's worth pointing out that the SEC, Pac 10 and Big 12 have ALL had what their fans would consider less than stellar seasons.

We're stuck with St Lo and you are stuck with us. Let's make it happy marriage while it lasts. I guarantee you, do well in noncon play and the league will NOT hold you back from an at-large bid. History has proven that time and again.

BTW, I would consider this a disappointing year only in the sense of too few NCAA bids. Which is important. However, the league made big strides from last year and was much better top to bottom. Problem was, we had too big of a middle class and not enough of our supposed top teams performed up to par -- Charlotte, Temple, Xavier. We just need a few teams to take that next step.

While I dont see a clear frontrunner yet for next year, I really do think we have nine teams that will contend for postseason -- GW, Xavier, St. Joe's, Temple, St. Lo, Charlotte, UMass, Dayton and Fordham. Maybe no great teams in the bunch, but with the right addition or two, these teams can make hay.

·
Registered
16 Posts
St. Lo is a place in France that the XIX US Army Corps fought very hard to get to after D-Day. Saint Louis is the name of a University that plays in the A10 sometimes referred to as SLU. *** sorry to be so irratible, it's just kind of like how the Charlotte fans now like to be called that and not UNCC****

I didn't say that SLU should divorce from the A10, I am happy to be here with all the other Jesuit schools, just that this is a dissappointing year for the conference.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts
TheA_Bomb said:
...sorry to be so irratible, it's just kind of like how the Charlotte fans now like to be called that and not UNCC****

I....
Except it's not the same because St. Lo is not a valid name for your school whille UNCC is sufficiently valid that the UNCC store sells logo with school name UNCC on it. The Charlotte fans have a well-deserved inferiority complex down here in the tarheel state. Their institution was actually Charlotte College befdore it became UNCC. It never was nor is Charlotte University. "Charlotte" is a nickname. The name of the institution is UNC Charlotte. The proper abbreviation and the name it was commonly known by is/was UNCC. The institution made a choice to call its athletic teams "Charlotte 49ers" but the institution remains UNCC. For more information on thre history of UNCC please go to www.UNCC.edu

21 - 40 of 46 Posts