Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
TheA_Bomb said:
At this point the Refs aren't a factor SLU can't hit a shot and SJU is shutting them down defensively. At the 1st part of the 1st half there were terrible calls that didn't allow SLU to get into a rythymn even if they would have come out hot they wouldn't have gotten a shot off because they got called for a traveling call when the SJU player was obviously pulling on Liddell's jersey. I will just assume from now on that you are all listening to this game via the internet or radio at work and not watching it because we obviously aren't watching the same game.
I watched the game last night on Tivo. Your offense sucks. You can't hit 3's. If you can't hit three's, it becomes easy to bottle up the inside. BTW, the refs job is not to make every correct call. They can't, because the game moves too fast and their vision is blocked at times. Their job is too make the game fair and safe. Frankly, I am at a loss to know how you rolled up all those wins. The Hawks haven't exactly bowled over the opposition this year.

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
WH said:
The A-10 is prone to cycles, like every other league, though we have less margin for error than those conferences in front of us because we have less depth. On paper, the league is recruiting as well as it's ever been. We'll see. It's worth pointing out that the SEC, Pac 10 and Big 12 have ALL had what their fans would consider less than stellar seasons.

We're stuck with St Lo and you are stuck with us. Let's make it happy marriage while it lasts. I guarantee you, do well in noncon play and the league will NOT hold you back from an at-large bid. History has proven that time and again.

BTW, I would consider this a disappointing year only in the sense of too few NCAA bids. Which is important. However, the league made big strides from last year and was much better top to bottom. Problem was, we had too big of a middle class and not enough of our supposed top teams performed up to par -- Charlotte, Temple, Xavier. We just need a few teams to take that next step.

While I dont see a clear frontrunner yet for next year, I really do think we have eight teams that will contend for postseason -- GW, St. Joe's, Temple, St. Lo, Charlotte, UMass, Dayton and Fordham. Maybe no great teams in the bunch, but with the right addition or two, these teams can make hay.
WH, I can't agree with you when you don't have Xavier in your list. They will be a lot better next year than they were this year. We are losing a lot in the post but B. Cole is showing his old stuff. Lavender is a HUGE upgrade to Finn and everyone else will be back.

I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part.

xu95

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Mac539 said:
I watched the game last night on Tivo. Your offense sucks. You can't hit 3's. If you can't hit three's, it becomes easy to bottle up the inside. BTW, the refs job is not to make every correct call. They can't, because the game moves too fast and their vision is blocked at times. Their job is too make the game fair and safe. Frankly, I am at a loss to know how you rolled up all those wins. The Hawks haven't exactly bowled over the opposition this year.

We are young and extremely inconsistant. If you'd seen us play Charlotte you'd wonder where the aliens that sucked out our basketball abilities came from. The hawks defended us beautifully and opened early leads in both games. We had ZERO leadership from our upperclassmen to deal with adversity.

As to the refs keeping the game fair. Two bad calls do not equal one good one. Chicken crud make up calls drive me nuts. The officiaiting did NOT have much of an impact on our season other than to make it a bit more frustrating than it already was.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts