Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening to the training camp audio provided by the Wizards home page, it is becoming obvious that Stacks main responsibility on the Wizards is to score points. Stackhouse volunteered to help with PG duties and Collins told him his promary role is as scorer and his secondary role is scorer. Stack says he will try and still contribute in other areas specifically being top 5 in assists for his position.

So we will probably see less of the sacrificing Stack of last year, and more of a scorer that Collins wants.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I don't mind Stackhouse the scorer, as long as he isn't shooting below 40% again. He needs to improve that to about 43-45%. Anything less, and he's just being a jacker.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shooting percentage is overhyped in my opinion.

the difference between 40% and 43% over the course of 4 games with an average of 25 shots taken per game is 3 more made shots.

Not as significant as playing good defense and stopping your man 1 more time per game, or getting 1 extra rebound per game, or 1 more steal per game.

Just my thoughts on shooting percentage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
BCH, shooting percentage is quite significant when you're talking about 39% vs. 45-47% (which is what the optimum would be for a 2-guard). If Stackhouse can score 25 ppg and shoot 45% he will be a very dominant force in the NBA. We already know he can play D and rebound, we just need to know he can score without hurting the team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts