Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was just listening to the Kings radio station and the voice of the Kings (Grant Napear) just ripped the Wizards for making this trade. A couple of quotes from the top of my head...

"He will destroy that team"

"Joe Dumars has been trying to get rid of him for a LONG TIME"

"He was having issues with both Carlisle and Dumars"

A couple of callers brought up his "leadership" last year and how he sacrificed his scoring for the good of the team etc. Napear's response was he didn't buy that talk at all.

"If he was really all of those things, why would they get rid of him?"

As a side note, I believe this guy(Napear) has a lot of "inside info" in regards to the Pistons organization. He is VERY TIGHT with JON BARRY, who was with the Kings for many years prior to last season. Barry had a weekly show with Napear and still calls in to his show on a regular basis. It was really surprising how much Grant ripped into Stackhouse. Judging by that, I would think he got this info from Jon Barry himself.

Someone just called in a minute ago and said the Wizards will come out of the east, and Napear answered they won't even make the playoffs, even if Jordan comes back.

Just thought I'd share this info with you guys. Now, in my opinion I like the trade and the job MJ has done building this team. I never liked Hamilton that much.

·
Registered
973 Posts
:confused:

Yo dawg... I think MJ has more inside info dan ur crappy voice of the kings... MJ has been playing games in Chicago with Stackhouse. I think MJ would know somewhat more about Stack's attitude than sum guy who prolly hasn't even spoken to Stack...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>shroombal</b>!
:confused:

Yo dawg... I think MJ has more inside info dan ur crappy voice of the kings... MJ has been playing games in Chicago with Stackhouse. I think MJ would know somewhat more about Stack's attitude than sum guy who prolly hasn't even spoken to Stack...
Actually, Grant Napear is an excellent radio / television announcer. I'd rank him as one of, if not the best announcers in the league.

And though I'm not 100% certain he got his info from Barry, but IF HE DID, then let's see ...

MJ plays pick-up games with Stack over the summer.

Jon Barry played over 82 games (training camp, pre-season, post-season) as an actual TEAMMATE of Stackhouse.

I'd say Barry would be the more reliable source of info over Jordan in this situation. But again, I'm just letting you all know what I heard today, it doesn't mean I agree with the guy.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Collins used to coach in Detroit so he probably has more insight on Stack's off the court persona than most people. Add on top of that the fact MJ and stack are good friends, so its not as though MJ and Collins don't know whats going on.

If Dumars wanted a less aggressive and demanding player, he got one in Rip.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
You guys forget. MJ had Rodman as a team mate. Stackhouse wont ruin the Wiz! Not with MJ playing and later on back in the front office.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts