Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Jerry Stackhouse opts out of his contract this summer, what are the chances of the Raptors getting him? For some reason I believe Toronto can get Stackhouse without giving up too much.
A sign and trade with washington would be nice. I believe they might be after some big men. So we can offer N'Diaye, Montross, Mo Pete and maybe Hakeems contract. I know we have an abundace of PG/SG/SF, so I think that any of our back court players are expendable and could be thrown in to get him.

PG: A. Williams
SG: Stackhouse
SF: Carter
PF: Milicic (if we get #2nd pick)
C: A. Davis

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
That wouldn't be a bad team, but since Richard Hamilton is going to be a free agent, I would rather target him since he's probably cheaper and is capable of putting up the same number.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by <b>toiletscrubber</b>!
That wouldn't be a bad team, but since Richard Hamilton is going to be a free agent, I would rather target him since he's probably cheaper and is capable of putting up the same number.
:yes:

Although it might be crazy I would rather keep MOP then trade for Stackhouse. The only thing Jerry would do for this team is take away shots for VC and put up shots at a bad %, we already have AD for that.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Originally posted by <b>toiletscrubber</b>!
Detroit will try every way possible to keep Hamilton, I don't think there is a very good chance he will go somewhere else

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
If the Raptors are smart, they should trade for Jon Bender

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Red_Bandit</b>!
If Jerry Stackhouse opts out of his contract this summer, what are the chances of the Raptors getting him? For some reason I believe Toronto can get Stackhouse without giving up too much.
A sign and trade with washington would be nice. I believe they might be after some big men. So we can offer N'Diaye, Montross, Mo Pete and maybe Hakeems contract. I know we have an abundace of PG/SG/SF, so I think that any of our back court players are expendable and could be thrown in to get him.

PG: A. Williams
SG: Stackhouse
SF: Carter
PF: Milicic (if we get #2nd pick)
C: A. Davis
None...we don't have the type of salary cap to do so. What makes you think that we can keep AW, Stack, VC, Davs and in 3 years Darko all on the same team especially when the renewal of the CBA is coming soon???

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Bender is a BUST. And I'm a Pacers fan.

Although it might have to do with Thomas' terrible coaching - the guy will give him 30 minutes one night, 5 the next - he's never improved his game and all he does is camp behind the 3 point line. We already have a MoPete to do that, we don't need him.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!

Although it might have to do with Thomas' terrible coaching - the guy will give him 30 minutes one night, 5 the next - he's never improved his game and all he does is camp behind the 3 point line. We already have a MoPete to do that, we don't need him.
Bender is a bust as far as where he was picked. But a 7 footer who can shoot 3s, block shots and is athletic as hell and can run the floor has its uses. I take Bender over any of our big man except of AD.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!

Jon Bender was drafted in 1999 out of high school...remember how long it took JO to take off? Give him some time he'll be a good one. Not a superstar but a solid second or third scorer/top rebounder on a good team. Hes so inconsistant because he's still really young

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AdamIllman</b>!

Jon Bender was drafted in 1999 out of high school...remember how long it took JO to take off? Give him some time he'll be a good one. Not a superstar but a solid second or third scorer/top rebounder on a good team. Hes so inconsistant because he's still really young
What's your point? He has gotten chances to play. He's a 7'0 wing man, and he's no Dirk. All he does is camp outside and shoot. He barely drives inside, even though he's one of the "best dunkers in the league". He's not that good, and he's all potential. What you see is what you get with this guy.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I think Bender would be an intriguing addition to the team as long as we don't give up too much for him. We still don't know what he could turn into.

As for the original topic, no way should we get Stackhouse, he cannot exist as a secondary scorer, and depending on who we draft, may end up having to be the third threat, which I don't think he can handle........

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts
Guys, sorry to break this news, but you are neglecting that the Pistons have the option to resign Rip at his current deal for one more season (with minor salary increase due to overall league climate) as long as they make the decision before July 30. They WILL exercise that option guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
How about Swift?

Perhaps the Raptors could pry Stromile Swift away from the Grizzlies.
The Raptors need an athletic forward badly. He shows flashes of greatness, but is clearly in the wrong system for him. If they were willing to part with Jerome Williams, and a future first, they could likely swing this deal.

·
Registered
739 Posts
For one reason where do you see the Raptors getting all this money from, they have to money anymore, there above luxury tax, that means they cannot get a lot of good players, they cannot afford them. But I rathere see Richard hamilton in TO then Stackhouse, because Rip is an awesome player.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts