Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do you think will be the biggest stars from the latest draft?

im gonna say williams, dunleavy, and wilcox. williams will be an elite scoring point in the league, dunleavy is gonna be a terrific all around player(maybe grant hill like stats now that i think about it, only with an outside shooting game?? both are versatile sfs) and wilcox is just a tremendous athelete whos understanding of the game is still growing, and in a few years he should be terrific.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think Dunleavy will ever come close to Grant Hill stats in their primes. Dunleavy will be a good role player at most because he does not have the great height, strength, or athleticism that seperates superstars from role players.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Originally posted by spartansfan223
Dunleavy will be a good role player at most because he does not have the great height, strength, or athleticism that seperates superstars from role players.
Not having height/strength/athleticism sounds a lot more like Caron Butler than Dunleavy. Dunleavy has very good height for a 3, and became significantly stronger the past few years, to the point where now it's far from being a liability... he actually has good strength for a small forward. He's also much quicker than he's given credit for.

Also, about Wilcox being a superstar because he's a tremendous athlete... Hilario was the best-rated athlete for a bigman in the draft, and has the best size out of Wilcox/Hilario/Stoudemire. So why did you pick Wilcox and not Hilario?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Wilcox won't get much playing time, he will have to compete with Melvin Ely, Elton Brand and whats-his-name

Dunleavy could be good, but he just looks like the recomming of Kieth Van Horn to me

Jay Williams, DaJuan Wagner, and Caron Butler would be my picks, just because of the playing time they will get this year. (And of course because of their talent.

Other players I would look for are Drew Gooden, Nikoloz skeeta, Dan Dickau and Casey Jacobson.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My picks are Nene Hilario, Dajuan Wagner, Caron Butler, and Amare Stoudamire

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im nto saying who will be the best this year, im saying best for career, and i picked wilcox of haislip, because one i really think wilcox has the athletic ability and while he doesnt have an awesome basketball iq he does have great instincts i think, he really was a man amongst boys in college last year(like when he owned drew gooden in the final four) and two because i have never seen haislip play so yeah.

as far butler goes, butler shouls be a great player but i think down the line dunleavy is gonna be better.

and as far as dunleavy being the second coming of keith van horn, i dno dunleavy has a much better driving and slashing game, and while he could playh a similar style i think he will be alot better then van horn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts