Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why? Because as I listen to this game, it isn't sounding too good for Ruben. Our announcers can tell that something isn't right with him, prolly because he hasn't really started before. I think we need his energy off the bench, imo he is more comfortable off the bench,and his style of play fits being the 6th man perfectly!

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Yep, me too.

This game convinced me of the errors of my ways (starting Ruben P.).

Patterson seemed very confused out there as a starter. He was flailing about was lost many times on D. He made a few nice offensive drives, etc., but I can see now why so many here think he's best suited as the energy force off the bench. That's about all he is - energy.

For his 1st game as a Blazer, I thought Miles did reasonably well. He made a few nice shots, had a great offensive slam off the rebound, and played fairly good D - especially just getting here and playing in his first game.

For now, I think Mo should stay with starting Q at the 3, while Miles gets more acclimated to the team. That should keep Q happy as he'll probably not get as many minutes at the 1, if today's game was any indication.

I wouldn't be opposed to Mo utilizing DA at the 1 some, either.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Miles had a good game tonight, and I was happy to see him working to attack the basket on the offensive end, but I think it's a bit early to bench Ruben Patterson.

If Ruben was good enough to start coming into the game, I don't see one game (especially one where Ruben wasn't especially bad, nor his backup spectacularly good) changing that equation.

If Miles is good enough to start (and I would love it if he turns out to be) he should work his way into the lineup over time, rather than being handed it because the Warriors beat us tonight.

Ed O.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ruben deserves more than one start and I would not want to "give" the starting role to Miles. I'd make the kid work for it. He might get lackadaisical if it's just handed to him. Miles is young and needs work... no need to rush things.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
patterson played one game as starter...d miles is a punk who whines when he doesn't get his way. Wow, when you put it that way he is the perfect starter.;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I simply think that D Money (my nick name for Darius Miles)
will contribute better at the starting 3, and patterson will contribute better off the bench as the sixth man. After all, he's the best when it comes to bringing energy into the game.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts