Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now, it should be pretty obvious of our 5 starters. Cartwright has given enough indications of who they really are.

JWill
Hassell
Rose
Marshall
Curry

Crawford seems to have accepted the "coming-off-the-bench" role.

Cuz of the concussion, Chandler has been replaced. Especially since Marshall is such a good rebounder.

Hassell is a har-nose defender that we need to have on the court to guard guys like Iverson, McGrady, Carter, etc.

With this starting FIVE, we have veterans, youth, scoring, defense, and leadership to play anyone.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Isn't it possible that the starting lineup will change throughout the season, depending on the matchups?

Aside from Rose and possibly Curry, I think Cartwright may tweak the starting lineup from game to game to allow us to take advantage of our versitility to create matchup problems.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by <b>7thwatch</b>!
Isn't it possible that the starting lineup will change throughout the season, depending on the matchups?

Aside from Rose and possibly Curry, I think Cartwright may tweak the starting lineup from game to game to allow us to take advantage of our versitility to create matchup problems.
Cartwright once said that he wanted to have a regular rotation. I don't think he will be switching around as much as last season.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
LK, your lineup basically puts Chandler as injured in the opening games. I don't think that will be the case. He seemed okay cheering in a suit the other night. I think he's being kept away from games just so that he CAN be in shape for opening night.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Floyds way...

Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!

Cartwright once said that he wanted to have a regular rotation. I don't think he will be switching around as much as last season.

Exactly Loakhoet, this was one of the chief complaints from players in and out of chicago, that NO ONE KNEW who was going to start or sub. Players need to get their minds set as to what their roles are PRIOR, to the announcement of the starting lineups. Look for this to be a "starting five" team, you know, much like 99% of the rest of the NBA teams? I look for the only subs to the starting lineup to be as a result of an injury, or "attitude adjustments", maybe as a result of practice sessions.

I look for this also to be a turnaround year for THIS franchise. Really.

Depending on injuries, or trades that MIGHT take place before next week, THIS is how I see it shakin' out: (I would say chandler might start, however, according to Bill in an article recently, I believe he said Jalen would be starting at SG. IF Chandler does start, that would shake up the lineup even more moving Jalen to SF and Hassell to guard and marshall to second team SF with EROB to SG.)

Jay Williams
Jalen Rose
Donyell Marshall
Marcus Fizer
Eddie Curry

Jamal Crawford
Trent Hassell
Eddie Robinson
Tyson Chandler(at least for now)
Corie Blount

Lonnie Baxter(Be a pity if this guy is NOT an active player!)
Fred Hoiberg

IR:

Bagaric
Mason
Brunson?

Didn't graves and overton get waived?

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
Now, it should be pretty obvious of our 5 starters. Cartwright has given enough indications of who they really are.

JWill
Hassell
Rose
Marshall
Curry

Crawford seems to have accepted the "coming-off-the-bench" role.

Cuz of the concussion, Chandler has been replaced. Especially since Marshall is such a good rebounder.

Hassell is a har-nose defender that we need to have on the court to guard guys like Iverson, McGrady, Carter, etc.

With this starting FIVE, we have veterans, youth, scoring, defense, and leadership to play anyone.

Hmmm...Well, no it's not obvious to me at all. First Cartwright said that he would play Jalen at SG, so he won't be at sf as y9our lineup projects. Also, I don't see how we can start Hassell at the
3, the guy is just too short, so he may be coming off of the bench. I still think the pg battle between JWill & Crawford is awfully close. No telling who will win that one. JWill has made a better run at it so far than I would have expected but it's far from a foregone conclusion that he is the starter over Crawford IMHO. I think Marshall might start at the 3 & Chandler or Blount at the 4. I could easily see a lineup like this being the starting lineup.

Pg- JWill
sg-Rose
sf-Marshall
pf-Chandler
c-Curry

or

pg-Crawford
sg-Rose
sf-E-Rob
pf-Marshall
c-Curry

or even

pg-JWill
sg-Rose
sf-Marshall
pf-Blount
c-Curry

I think Cartwright is likely to change the starting line up often due to mismatchs and lineups. Mismatchs are a huge part of the NBA and the Bulls can take full advantage with a deep roster by shuffling starters a lot, plus everyone doesn't feel left out.

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Erob complained about being without any offensive rhythm in the games since he's been back. If he's able to regain some of that rhythm in practice these next several days, I wouldn't be surprised to see this lineup on opening night:

Williams
Rose
Robinson
Marshall
Curry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts