Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone tried to get this conversation in the Seawolf Pride thread and it didn't seem like a natural fit so I'm starting a new thread. With practice sessions only a few days away, who do you predict will be the starting five for your team at the beginning of the season.

UVM:
Carrissmo
Voelkel
Crenca
Apfeld
Rusin

I like the experience of this roster. Second five: Elbaum, Blue, O'Day, Rugg, and Kilpatrick.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
UNH:
Chris Pelcher
Patrick Konan
Ferg Myrick
Scott Morris/Chris Orzco
Chandler Rhoads

The first three are set not sure how the guard positions will go but just my educated guess.

·
UMBC fan
3,900 Posts
I'm not sure if the coaching change will impact my predicted lineup or not, but here it is...

UMBC

PG Lane (should be Getz/Morgan IMO)
SG Cook
SF Neller
PF Plummer
C Roseboro

Next five: Getz, Satchell, Garner, Wertz (unfortunately), Morgan

·
Bill Herrion anti-apologist
2,193 Posts
UNH:
Chris Pelcher
Patrick Konan
Ferg Myrick
Scott Morris/Chris Orzco
Chandler Rhoads

The first three are set not sure how the guard positions will go but just my educated guess.
I expect Bronner to start over Morris/Orozco.

It will be interesting to see how the bench shakes out. I've heard big things about Mortensen, and Orozco is competing with Jones/Morris for PT. I expect Matagrano to play a bit, too. I think the only guy unlikely to play is Trotman.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
I'm not sure if the coaching change will impact my predicted lineup or not, but here it is...

UMBC

PG Lane (should be Getz/Morgan IMO)
SG Cook
SF Neller
PF Plummer
C Roseboro

Next five: Getz, Satchell, Garner, Wertz (unfortunately), Morgan
If Lane and Neller are starting at a D1 school next season, you may as well bring back Monroe as coach too lol.

Seriously: Morgan, Cook, Garner, Plummer, and Roseboro. The future is now.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I expect Bronner to start over Morris/Orozco.

It will be interesting to see how the bench shakes out. I've heard big things about Mortensen, and Orozco is competing with Jones/Morris for PT. I expect Matagrano to play a bit, too. I think the only guy unlikely to play is Trotman.
We must have some of the same sources as I also has heard that Mortensen has been very impressive so far. Do you see Jordan running the show with Chandler at the 2? I'm just excited for basketball season to finally be here!

·
Banned
6,174 Posts
Neller made strides last year. He is a good shooter and has a role as a floor spacer. I believe he is a senior as well. Should be his best year.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Someone tried to get this conversation in the Seawolf Pride thread and it didn't seem like a natural fit so I'm starting a new thread. With practice sessions only a few days away, who do you predict will be the starting five for your team at the beginning of the season.

UVM:
Carrissmo
Voelkel
Crenca
Apfeld
Rusin

I like the experience of this roster. Second five: Elbaum, Blue, O'Day, Rugg, and Kilpatrick.
I like this starting 5 to begin the year, but my hope is the starting lineup eventually becomes:

Carissimo
Rusin
Voelkel
Apfeld
O'Day

I think a bench of Blue, Rugg, Crenca, Kilpatrick, and Elbaum is solid.

We'll see how *ready* O'Day is- I have a feeling he's up for it.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think it's pretty safe to assume 4/5 of BU's starters. Other spot is most likely Chionuma, but they could go bigger with Kennedy or Dieudonne

DJ Irving
Travis Robinson
Malik Thomas
Dom Morris
Chionuma/Papale/Kennedy/Dieudonne if you go big

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terrier Nation, no Maurice Watson? The kid is an ESPN Top 100 recruit. I've got to believe Jones will find a way to work him into the starting rotation if he's as good as advertised.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Terrier Nation, no Maurice Watson? The kid is an ESPN Top 100 recruit. I've got to believe Jones will find a way to work him into the starting rotation if he's as good as advertised.
Yeah, I do think Watson will get good minutes, but I still thinks he starts the season coming off the bench. Remember, DJ is already one of the best 3 players in the America East and knows BU's system. And I don't think Jones wants to start two players at or under 6', especially given that our front court is rather undersized. They will play together at the same time for parts of a game, but I think he at least starts the season as a sub.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maine's starting five, to me, is uncertain right now because they have a ton of flexibility at multiple positions and it's unclear if they will go back to a more traditional lineup or play lots of three guard sets ala 2011-2012.

One thing is for certain, Edwards, Fraser, and Allison will be in the starting lineup, but after that I really don't know...

PG: Pollard
SG: Edwards
SF: Mesghna
PF: Fraser
C: Allison

Next 5: Cooper, Jr., Cato, Coronel, Gloger, Lawton
Outside looking in: Micovic, Valjarevic, McAllian

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
Remember, DJ is already one of the best 3 players in the America East and knows BU's system. And I don't think Jones wants to start two players at or under 6', especially given that our front court is rather undersized. They will play together at the same time for parts of a game, but I think he at least starts the season as a sub.
3 best players? 3 best point guards maybe, but 3 best players? Nah.

All I know is if Watson is even remotely as good as he's been hyped to be, then how in the world would BU bring him in off the bench?

DJ Irving can hit the open 3 pretty well. If there's ever a conference where you can play a 5'8'' PG next to a 5'11'' PG, then it's the AE.

·
Premium Member
33,191 Posts
I think it's pretty safe to assume 4/5 of BU's starters. Other spot is most likely Chionuma, but they could go bigger with Kennedy or Dieudonne

DJ Irving
Travis Robinson
Malik Thomas
Dom Morris
Chionuma/Papale/Kennedy/Dieudonne if you go big
I think Travis Robinson would be a good player to bring off the bench, and most likely would be coming off the bench on most BU teams, but probably not this year.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I think Travis Robinson would be a good player to bring off the bench, and most likely would be coming off the bench on most BU teams, but probably not this year.
He did start last year. I think he's underrated. Rebounds and defends very well for a guard and has good size in the AE for a 2. Shoots close to 40 percent from 3 point range and can finish around the basket. Not really able to create his own shot, but hopefully Irving and Watson can create for him.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts