Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, looks like Mo wants to tinker with Sheed starting at Center. I wonder how long it will be before he goes all the way and inserts Patterson in at starting SF - especially now that DA is back?

Damon
DA
Ruben P.
Zach
Sheed

BTW, I noticed that Cheeks had already played 10 guys by the early parts of the 2nd Quarter last night .

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Q ran the offense though. I liked that. Speaking of running the offense, have you been noticing Ruben Patterson's passing??? That guy has been playing like Magic the last few games.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But, then again, I'm seeing discussion that Qyntel was a "difference maker" at the starting Point Forward last night.

Perhaps, then, Mo should leave well enough alone there?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
The only change I want to see is trying McInnis at point...

Over the last season and a half, has Cheeks ever given him a legitimate shot at starting point guard? I'm not counting a situation where perhaps he was the only point guard available due to injuries or something like that.

I don't think Cheeks has ever given him the opportunity. It's about time, if you ask me...

As far as Patterson, I kind of like starting Q - not because he's the more effective player necessarily, but because I think he needs some guaranteed time to develop his game. Also, Patterson has always thrived as an off the bench type of guy.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I agree Jeff at the PG

but I am very intrigued with a McInnis / Q PG tandem
with Patterson at SF

did you notice we won with Damon only playing 28 of the available 53 mins??? coincidence??? :nonono:

maybe even this
PG McInnis, Q
SG DA, Person
SF Patterson, Outlaw????
PF Randolph, Davis
C Wallace, Stepania

Bench warmer and gatorade delivery = Damon

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Ruben Boomtje can do towels.. have to have him do something

This is what I haev been pushing for... everyone understanding their roles on the team and executing them.

Congrats Damon and Ruben.. do it for the good of the team

·
Registered
782 Posts
I like that , Trader Bob! I especially like Damon on the bench and I like Stepania backing up Wallace at center, i think Stepania is doing a good job and the more they play him the better he does (except when he gets too ambitious offensively). But i would be OK with Qyntel starting at sf and Damon backing up Jeff.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I am absolutely convinced that Q was at least 50% of the reason we won last night.

I said before the numbers and Minutes don't show it. But Q setting up the offense established the tempo early on in the game, and that tempo was maintained.

I wonder why, in this motion offense, the weakside wing is always just hangin out instead of cutting backdoor and looping in and out of the mkey comming off the weaks side post player or swapping positions with the point position player?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Q delivers the ball with many more seconds on the shot clock left...

the players get the play started earlier... what a concept :eek:

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What about this lineup at some point?

Qyntel
DA
Ruben P.
Zach
Sheed

First off Bench

Jeff/Damon
Dale
Stapania
Wes

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Could Q one day be our answer against the LeBron Jameses and Jamal Crawfords of the big PG position? I sure hope so.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think Wallace started as he was up against a soft center that likes to play away from the basket.

I'd like to see Wallace start at PF and have Zach off the bench. I also agree that Damon should not be starting.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
ABM -

Certainly intriguing...

Two things I worry about -

Defense - I guess DA guards 1, Patterson 2, Q 3 ? This could be tough on the not quite healthy DA to chase around the quick guys. Patterson could help switch in stretches, but I don't think he could do that for 30 minutes either.

Substitutions - Who is the backup at SF? You would have to slide someone over there, either Qyntel, Sheed, Wes, or DA. The best option I suppose would be Qyntel.

Overall, since we have two "point guards" at this point, it is probably better for Q to play the 3 primarily.

But who knows? If he continues to improve, he might be the ever elusive "point guard of the future"...

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
I think Wallace started as he was up against a soft center that likes to play away from the basket.
Interesting point.

Which WC Centers do you think Sheed would do best/worst against?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
BP -

From what I've seen this season (not much, admittedly), Sheed has been much more of an inside presence on defense than Davis when stationed down low...

I've seen him alter a lot of shots and play great post defense. Defensively, I think he's our best center this year.

Here's to hoping he can keep that up over an extended period...

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I think Wallace does well agaoinst all the centers in the west except Shaq, and maybe Dampier (as far as banging).

Also Rube is called Captain Chaos for a reason, and I think his energy could actually hurt the flow of the game from the start.

I will make a Fast and the Furious reference. Think of reuben as NOS. You don't start with the NOS on but use it once you are going to give a little extra kick.

BTW I know very little about street racing and NOS, just what I have seen in the movie so if they portayed it wrong from reality blame the movie for my false statement. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts