Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dallas' current salaries

Let's play a game, give a contract to each player on our roster. You decide how much it should be worth and how long. Imagine we have the Bird Rights to all players on our roster (ie you can offer whatever), but stay realistic (Dirk Nowitzki 20 mil a year for 10 years = big no no)

I'll do mine in a second, but I'm terrible with salaries -- so I can get a look at what others are doing

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Nice idea.

FYI, the "-" in between numbers means the deal will escalate into the higher number.

Darrell Armstrong- 1 year, minimum (1M).

Shawn Bradley- Sorry Shawn. League rules stipulate there can be no fan-friendly gimmicks on NBA rosters. But if we have to, one year, minimum.

Marquis Daniels- 4 years, 5-7M annually.

Michael Finley- 2 years, 5M annually.

Devin Harris- The deal he has now. I don't know whether to pretend he's already a star, or what.

Josh Howard- 5 years, 5-7M annually

DJ Mbenga- Read Harris

Dirk Nowitzki- 7 years, 14-20M annually. The Max.

Pavel Podkolzin- Read Mbenga

Jerry Stackhouse- .....2 years, 5M annually

Jason Terry- 5 years, 5-7M annually

Keith Van Horn- 4 years, 4-7M annually

Tariq Abdul-Wahad- Read Bradley

Erick Dampier- 3 years, 6-8M annually

Alan Henderson- 2 years, minimum

I know most of them wouldn't work in today's market, but the prompt was to come up with what we thought was fair.

·
Registered
391 Posts
If it was up to me I wouldn't have Bradley, TAW or DA. I think Al needs to be resigned for more than the league minimum as he is worth more than that. Just a question for someone who has an idea, if we were to waive the likes of Bradley and TAW (if he doesn't opt-out), I understand that we would have to pay them out for their contracts, but does this money still count towards the salary cap. If it were not to I would waive them in a flash, as Cubes has plenty of money anyway.

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aussiewill said:
If it was up to me I wouldn't have Bradley, TAW or DA. I think Al needs to be resigned for more than the league minimum as he is worth more than that. Just a question for someone who has an idea, if we were to waive the likes of Bradley and TAW (if he doesn't opt-out), I understand that we would have to pay them out for their contracts, but does this money still count towards the salary cap. If it were not to I would waive them in a flash, as Cubes has plenty of money anyway.
I'm pretty sure this money still counts against the salary cap

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Darrell Armstrong- 1 year, minimum (1M).

Shawn Bradley- Sorry Shawn. League rules stipulate there can be no fan-friendly gimmicks on NBA rosters. But if we have to, one year, minimum.

Marquis Daniels- 4 years, 4-6M annually.

Michael Finley- 2 years, 4M annually.

Devin Harris- The deal he has now. Except, I would add one more year onto it

Josh Howard- 5/6 years, 6-8M annually

DJ Mbenga- 3 years, 2M annually

Dirk Nowitzki- 7 years, 14-20M annually. The Max.

Pavel Podkolzin- Read Mbenga

Jerry Stackhouse- .....2 years, 4.5M annually

Jason Terry- 4 years, 6M annually

Keith Van Horn- 3 years, 4.8M annually

Tariq Abdul-Wahad- Read Bradley

Erick Dampier- 4 years, 6-8M annually, with the final season a team option

Alan Henderson- 2 years, minimum

I just quoted _Dre_, and changed what I saw fit

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Theo! said:
Marquis Daniels- 4 years, 4-6M annually.
_Dre_ said:
Marquis Daniels- 4 years, 5-7M annually.
I'm still am not sold on Quis. I wasn't happy with the contract he recieved in the off season, but looking at who else got paid this offseason (Brian Cardinal) it dosen't look to bad.

Also, Bradley would be recieveing the minimum, and Fin would recieve 8-10.5M a year. TAW would also recieve the minimum and then released (Does he even show up for the Games ?).

·
do better
41,522 Posts
SMDre said:
I'm still am not sold on Quis. I wasn't happy with the contract he recieved in the off season, but looking at who else got paid this offseason (Brian Cardinal) it dosen't look to bad.

Also, Bradley would be recieveing the minimum, and Fin would recieve 8-10.5M a year. TAW would also recieve the minimum and then released (Does he even show up for the Games ?).
4 years, 5M isn't a big contract, that's basically an MLE. I think Daniels is going to be at least worth an MLE. Last offseason, you're right, a lot of guys got really overpaid, so it doesn't look half as bad as Turkoglu or Foyle. I think it's going to end up a fair deal.

Finley making 8-10M a year would be extremely sentimental. I think the aim for this thread is to put what we think is most fair, barring the market, etc. I don't think him ultimately making 2M less what Dirk is making right now is fair at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts