Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's not be rash. We have, I think, the best group of youngsters in the league not withstanding LAC or Indiana. We have to be very careful who we bring in.

I think Wally Z or Mike Miller would demand minutes and want to be first/second options in the offense. Also, I doubt they're better defensively than Eddie Robinson. ANd when did 2-3 years make a player a vet?

Matt Harpring is not now and never will be the offensive player Eddie will be. Also, Matt may be a better defensive player now, but Eddie has better physicals skills and should be better eventually.

I'd like to get a veteran big man who won't demand the ball and who won't be too upset if Chandler and Curry get more minutes.
How about Keon Clark. He's cheap and available as a FA.

I see a rotation of
Curry, Chandler, Fizer and Clark at C/PF
Rose, Robinson, Hassel as Swingmen
Crawford, Williams, Best at guard

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
first of all Clark is not cheap, and he will WANT minutes

2nd of all anyone is better than a player that is always injured (Robinson)

I'll agree if both players were healthy and 100% all the time, EROB is the better player, but EROB gets hurt way too often.. I'm anxious to see how healthy he is this season....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
first of all Clark is not cheap, and he will WANT minutes

2nd of all anyone is better than a player that is always injured (Robinson)

I'll agree if both players were healthy and 100% all the time, EROB is the better player, but EROB gets hurt way too often.. I'm anxious to see how healthy he is this season....
"Erob is always injured"? "Erob gets hurt way too often"? Erob had an injury plagued year, no question. Let's hold-off on the GHill/Ilguaskas-like generalizations unless he gets a significant injury THIS year, too. Otherwise, you might as well throw Crawford into the mix - missed some games his rookie yr because of injuries and then injured almost all of his 2nd yr. Erob never had a major injury in his whole career until this past year. If his injury reoccurs this year, then we've got a problem... otherwise let's just hope it's a one time thing.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I truly hope I am wrong, but it WILL be another year...

.....with a case of the "big toe syndrom." Someone, when i used to post at the realgm site, stood up for EROB and actually posted a highly detailed diagram of his foot, showing a genetic defect from birth. In the same post on that particular thread, he went on to say that rest, or even surgery might not be enough to correct the problem. They added that he should be lucky he was able to walk around. THIS is not gonna go away and I think Krause KNOWS IT. He might not admit he made a mistake with signing EROB, but he will do all he can to cover it up. I truly hope I am wrong. IF he is healthy, he could be a very valuable asset to this team.:p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts