Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People seem to want the Bulls to trade 1/2 of their young players for veterans. From Crawford to Fizer to ERob and even Williams. And I haven't mentioned Baxter who is not even signed yet. Why would we want to trade these young talented players for proven-but-never-be star veterans?

Personally, I would like to see the team keep its young players to see how they gel. We have until February. We should wait until then and trade if needed just like the Rose deal. People will be desperate to make the Playoffs by that time so they may be willing to offer more.

Unless we can get a superstar, I do feel that Williams and Crawford will mess well with each other. They are scoring PGs. As far as Fizer, if he is willing to coming off the bench, he will be a very good backup to Chanderl who at the moment doesn't have an offensive game yet. ERobb is good enough to start but can be a very good bench player. So why rush? We need to take your time and evaluate these players before shipping them out for luggages.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LoaKhoet</b>!
People seem to want the Bulls to trade 1/2 of their young players for veterans. From Crawford to Fizer to ERob and even Williams. And I haven't mentioned Baxter who is not even signed yet. Why would we want to trade these young talented players for proven-but-never-be star veterans?

Personally, I would like to see the team keep its young players to see how they gel. We have until February. We should wait until then and trade if needed just like the Rose deal. People will be desperate to make the Playoffs by that time so they may be willing to offer more.

Unless we can get a superstar, I do feel that Williams and Crawford will mess well with each other. They are scoring PGs. As far as Fizer, if he is willing to coming off the bench, he will be a very good backup to Chanderl who at the moment doesn't have an offensive game yet. ERobb is good enough to start but can be a very good bench player. So why rush? We need to take your time and evaluate these players before shipping them out for luggages.
I agree with two minor exceptions; 1) First chance that we have to unload ERobbery do it. 2) Buy Bagaric a one-way ticket back to Croatia.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That's exactly what I've been trying to say Big Loak ! ! ! Let the youngins go out there this year and just do what they do best play B-ball and give it a 100% effort while they do it and they should get 30-40 next year. . . And with the E rob thing I feel what you're saying about him being a bench player cause take a look what he did in Charlotte he used to come off the bench when everybody on the oppisite team was tired and would just flush every time he got the ball (Take a look at Truebluefan's avatar ! ! !) Robinson should come off the bench with Fizer and Williams :eek: THAT IS A DEEP BENCH ! ! !

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Stay Put

Originally posted by <b>MichaelOFAZ</b>!

I agree with two minor exceptions; 1) First chance that we have to unload ERobbery do it. 2) Buy Bagaric a one-way ticket back to Croatia.
Mike, I have never been a fan of Bargaric. The guy simply doesn't belong here. I hope Krause doesn't exercise Bag's contract after this season or next. He is sure 7-feet tall but what's the big deal? We already have two very good ones in Chandler and Curry. As far as ERob, I wouldn't mind trading him but unless we can get something back. We don't want long-term contracts in return. I would rather keep ERob instead of those accidently-signed veterans like Murray, Croshere, etc.

So Mr. Krause, please do something with Bag and just leave the team alone ast it is.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts

I see your point.

But the young Bulls have way too many question marks. If you're happy with 'evaluating players' and winning 20 games, so be it. As a fan, I would like the Bulls to win as many games as possible, and soon at that. Sure there are a few pieces of the team that are untouchable: Curry and Chandler (the bigs) and Jay Williams. But EVERYONE else (sans Rose and possibly Crawford) can be put on the block. I do not believe Fizer and E-Rob fit into the Bulls long term plans and they will never be stars in the NBA. Period. So they're role players at best and we, as fans, should not get so easily attached just b/c they're 'young'. C'mon

If the LaLa Clips have shown us anything, its that you can't just stockpile young talent and expect to win a championship.

Especially in light of the Bulls anemic defense... if I can upgrade team D and give up one of our young players, I'll do it in a heartbeat. W's come from team defense and consistency not flash and potential.

VD

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd keep both ERob and Bags. You do not trade/cut a player because he was injured. You let him play himself out of a job. For the short time that ERob actually played last year, he did not appear to be a bust.

As for Bags, the guy is young, plays tough defense and definitely has some skills. To dismiss him after watching one year of play is way premature.

Patience guys, especially with guys like ERob and Bags.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Re: Stay Put

Originally posted by <b>Vin Diesel</b>!

I see your point.

But the young Bulls have way too many question marks. If you're happy with 'evaluating players' and winning 20 games, so be it. As a fan, I would like the Bulls to win as many games as possible, and soon at that. Sure there are a few pieces of the team that are untouchable: Curry and Chandler (the bigs) and Jay Williams. But EVERYONE else (sans Rose and possibly Crawford) can be put on the block. I do not believe Fizer and E-Rob fit into the Bulls long term plans and they will never be stars in the NBA. Period. So they're role players at best and we, as fans, should not get so easily attached just b/c they're 'young'. C'mon

VD

Deisel, defintely we don't have have that many untouchable players including Rose. As i stated, "UNLESS A SUPERSTAR PRESENTED". Look at what the Bucks did, they traded Robinson for simply "Kukoc". We will have to trade some of our young players now or later but I don't see why we are in any rush. Just like this summer, we could have offered Harpring a contract in the beginning of the summer. But just waiting a few months, we pay the same about for a better player in Marshall. Yes, i do think Marshall is better than Harpring.

Defense wins games definitely but without offense, it's as worst. Look at Miami. A very good defensive team but guess what, they didn't make the Playoffs. Well, Philly did and New York did a few years ago. But my point is that we don't have to rush and trade our young core.

Ohh, Bagaric's best defensive move is "FOUL".

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stay Put

Deisel, defintely we don't have have that many untouchable players including Rose. As i stated, "UNLESS A SUPERSTAR PRESENTED". Look at what the Bucks did, they traded Robinson for simply "Kukoc". We will have to trade some of our young players now or later but I don't see why we are in any rush. Just like this summer, we could have offered Harpring a contract in the beginning of the summer. But just waiting a few months, we pay the same about for a better player in Marshall. Yes, i do think Marshall is better than Harpring.

Defense wins games definitely but without offense, it's as worst. Look at Miami. A very good defensive team but guess what, they didn't make the Playoffs. Well, Philly did and New York did a few years ago. But my point is that we don't have to rush and trade our young core.

Ohh, Bagaric's best defensive move is "FOUL".
I think we basically see eye to eye. I think we may get a better deal (like the Rose trade) midway through the season. So waiting a bit may help us.

Maybe we just disagree on 'core players'... I think they are Curry, Chandler, and JAy Williams. I'll put Rose in that category b/c he's locked up for 5 more seasons. So anyone else (E-Rob, Fizer, Crawford even) is expendible.

Peace,

VD

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Stay Put

We will have to trade some of our young players now or later but I don't see why we are in any rush.
Only a couple reasons I can see why any team trades its young, but unproven talent:

1) You're a contending team that has a specific need that can be filled by trading your youngs. Doesn't apply to the Bulls.

2) Some other team thinks more highly of one of your youngs than you do. In Krause's terminology, this is known as someone making an offer that "knocks his socks off."

My guess is that the second doesn't apply to the Bulls either. It's likely that Fizer and to a lesser extent, Crawford, were shopped some this offseason. I'm not sure how much ERob was shopped given his health concerns. No one knocked Jerry's socks off. This means that JK believes that, as these players play more, their trade value will rise.

Is JK right? Only time will tell. For now, I'm OK with keeping all of our guys...even Bags, though in my mind, this year is make or break for him.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RealFan</b>!
I'd keep both ERob and Bags. You do not trade/cut a player because he was injured. You let him play himself out of a job. For the short time that ERob actually played last year, he did not appear to be a bust.

As for Bags, the guy is young, plays tough defense and definitely has some skills. To dismiss him after watching one year of play is way premature.

Patience guys, especially with guys like ERob and Bags.
I can see using that argument for ERob. But it doesn't fly for Bags. As for ERob, I watched every game last year and was very excited eager to see him play for the Bulls. But in the games where he did play, I was lessed than impressed. Other than his ability to dunk when filling the lane on a fast break, he was relatively ineffective. He doesn't have any range on his Jamaal Wilkes jumper, he's not bulky or tall enough to make an impact in rebounding, and his D appeared to be nonexistent. I am hopeful that he earn his paycheck this season, but I'm not holding my breath either. Marshall has made ERob completely expendable, in my opinion.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MichaelOFAZ</b>!

I can see using that argument for ERob. But it doesn't fly for Bags. As for ERob, I watched every game last year and was very excited eager to see him play for the Bulls. But in the games where he did play, I was lessed than impressed. Other than his ability to dunk when filling the lane on a fast break, he was relatively ineffective. He doesn't have any range on his Jamaal Wilkes jumper, he's not bulky or tall enough to make an impact in rebounding, and his D appeared to be nonexistent. I am hopeful that he earn his paycheck this season, but I'm not holding my breath either. Marshall has made ERob completely expendable, in my opinion.
Not only does the Marshall signing make E rob expendable but also gives us insurance in case E rob toe is not 100%. If his toe is healthy then we added depth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts