Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think the Rockets have done themselves a favor by losing their last three games and keeping themselves behind Sacramento. In my opinion they have no shot at beating Dallas in a 7 game series with the Mavs owning the homecourt advantage. I think if everything stays how it is now Houston will beat Seattle in the first round. It's not exactly the best thing in the world to go into the playoffs stumbling, but I think the Rockets will be ready come playoff time and they'll take out the Northwest Division champs in Round 1.

Do you with me that the Rockets are doing themselves a favor by losing these last few games and staying the 6th seed as opposed to possibly moving up to 5?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Are you kidding me? We have no chance of moving up to 5 the way we're playing, and right now, we should worry about *making the playoffs* or not getting EIGHT seed. Trust me, if we finish 6th it will be a miracle. Stop thinking we've got the playoffs on lock.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
The surging Nuggets may pass the Rockets for the sixth spot and drop Houston to the seventh seed, but I don't see the Rockets falling any farther than that, if they do fall. Memphis and Minnesota are the other two teams that could potentially pass Houston, but that is very unlikely.

Its looking more and more like Houston will finish in the sixth spot and face the Sonics. The threat of slipping to the seventh seed behind Denver and facing San Antonio in the first round should be motivation enough to keep Houston trying to hang onto theri current position.

G-Force

·
Registered
523 Posts
Its topics like these that makes me wish I was a mod....for the last time...

I DON'T CARE WHO WE PLAY! ANYONE IS BEATABLE. :curse:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
im glad were going to play sonics in the first round hopefully. there to enxperinced and relay on there jumpshot to much. we cant slip pass the 6th though dont want to face the spurs in the 1st

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course my point would be that the Rockets would be best off facing the Sonics, not that they should tank to not get the 5th seed. Denver's only 1/2 a game back of the Rockets now, Houston can't let them pass them. Believe it or not I think Denver could beat San Antonio if Duncan's not back and completely healthy. They're just on fire right now, 19 wins in 21 games with both losses coming to Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThaShark316 said:
Its topics like these that makes me wish I was a mod....for the last time...

I DON'T CARE WHO WE PLAY! ANYONE IS BEATABLE. :curse:
And this is why you're not a mod. :shy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts