Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
w
It took only eight games for the predictions to come true: Larry Brown and Stephon Marbury are at odds over the point guard's role.

After being outscored by the Lakers' Kobe Bryant 42-4 on national television, Marbury is dejected that he's not being allowed more freedom to attack, and will continue to be displeased unless the Knicks' losing stops. Marbury's remarks were a cry to have the shackles removed. Marbury believes he's being misused by Brown and asked the coach after Wednesday's 97-92 loss to the Lakers if he can be moved to shooting guard. An angry Brown said yesterday he will not accommodate Marbury's wishes.
http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/31478.htm

Let the drama begin! Just a matter of time before Steph writes on his shoe. "I'm all alone". :biggrin: Seriously, Steph is at that age where he feels he shouldn't have to change his game because he been in the league for so long. He is used to playing a certain style. It's just a matter of time before he gets shipped out. The media reports he speaks with Billups on the regular and tries to get a feel of what he went through when Larry coached him in Detriot. To me, Steph is hard headed, and just by reading that article he is going to fight Larry until the bitter end, but he may come out the loser.

·
Registered
173 Posts
These "News" articles are suspect at best. The reporters fan a flame, working at hot spots----then they volly the messages back and forth between the subjects and, VOILA.......STORY!!!!

Steph didn't say anything so surprising. He obviously is adjusting. I'm gonna judge what I see more critically than what I hear. What I see is reasonably good ball movement, although it's sporadic at key times. Steph is playing fairly well---he looks a bit out of rhythm at times, but I think he's making some good changes---he is far and away their best offensive player---Scoring, Creating, Running Offense.

I was distressed to see the story---change can be tough to sell through losing---Larry has enuff "OOMPH" to keep that on track.

The biggest "shot" in the entire article is Larry's observation that they don't have another point guard to allow Steph to move off the ball---THAT is the real issue here!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Marbury is a loser...abeit a talented one. If anyone expects him to change any part of his game that will bring lower numbers or recognition they are sadly mistaken. He thinks he can have it both ways...the fact of the matter is that it takes a team to win titles....it is extremely rare when an indivdual player can will their team to a championship. I don't want to hear all the crap about how AI did it...he(Sixers) got to the finals in a VERY down year for the East and got wasted by the Lakers. There are few players capable of winning it all and having huge numbers themselves. MJ and early Shaq come to mind. Marbury needs to shut the hell up or take his loser attitude someplace else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts