1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HT: 6' 1"
WT: 180 lbs
Bday: 3/14/1988

Great scoring point guard from Davidson. Averaged 21 points as a freshman and led his team to the ncaa's. Definitely has to work on his passing skills, but at Davidson he doesn't have a choice

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Curry had a fantastic freshman season. He's a 6'0 SG that bombs high volumes of threes from anywhere on the court, with a high success rate. I don't see him becoming an above-average distributor, so I think he remains a tiny shooter. Unless he develops more as playmaker, I don't see him going 1st-round. Definitely fun to watch though.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
The guy has handles and can get his own shot. In that way, he reminds me of Drew Nietzel. Difference is, he has his father to lean on to learn the tricks of the trade. Backup NBA point guard is in his future. If Boykins can play in this league, so can he. He has NBA stroke and range at the age of 19. I wonder how long he's gonna stay at Davidson. He's really too good for that league (even if his stats never jump to much higher). I think Davidson returns their top 10 players from last year. Should be a special team this year.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Criminally underrated. 25.3 ppg, 48% FG 42.3% 3pt. His 3pt percentage might even be better if he didnt take so many. He has already attempted 276 this year, and is shooting it at a decent clip. This guy is going to be a steal. Everyone is infatuated with the freshman guards, but this guy is just as good a scorer as any.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
You have to give him credit in that he's improved upon his outstanding frosh numbers across the board and has lead his team to a, so far, undefeated conference schedule, mid-major or not. His height will always be a problem, though. Davidson will be gone next year, so it should allow him to expand his distribution game, which is what will take him from being a 8th-9th bench guy to 6th man-average starter.

If he can get up to 4-5apg next year, even if his scoring drops to 20ppg, he's a top 20 pick. If he doesn't tweak his game for more passing, and he increases his scoring to 28-30ppg, he's still a fringe 1st rounder. There's an abundance of graduating 6'0 scoring dynamos that can't pass for **** every year in college and don't even sniff the 2nd round; he has to show he's more than that.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
He's Dell Curry's son and he plays in Charlotte. No doubt he gets a look by the Bobcats. The thing about him is he can handle the ball and shoot. He also is adept at coming off screens and nailing shots. His pedigree will get him into the NBA. He might only end up a 3rd PG or a situational player (like Damon Jones), but he will make the league. He can do the things guys like Craig Hodges could do, just he's not very tall.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Add Mr. Redick to that list also. Heck Lofton is being touted as a first round pick right now, Curry is in the same mold

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Lofton is garbage. Well not on the college level, but this guy is not an NBA player at all. First of all, he's even smaller than Curry and he can't dribble for crap. Not to mention he really doesn't have the ability to get to the lane and make shots even with a sliver of daylight. I would never draft him. I'd tell him immediately, if you want to play pro ball, go overseas.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Add Mr. Redick to that list also. Heck Lofton is being touted as a first round pick right now, Curry is in the same mold
Curry is a thousand times better than Lofton. He shoots it better, handles it better, distributes better, and looks to be a better athlete.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Priest is wrong about his height. ESPN lists him at 6'3 and yeah I agree with you on that bball2223

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Curry isn't just a shooter.He's a good scorer and he's going to be able to play a Steve Kerr type role in the NBA.I really don't know if he's going to be able to be a point guard in the NBA.Richards is such a great distributor that you never get a look at Curry playing the point.In fact I really think Richards is going to be a very effective backup point in the NBA also.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Curry isn't just a shooter.He's a good scorer and he's going to be able to play a Steve Kerr type role in the NBA.I really don't know if he's going to be able to be a point guard in the NBA.Richards is such a great distributor that you never get a look at Curry playing the point.In fact I really think Richards is going to be a very effective backup point in the NBA also.
Richards needs to learn how to finish before he ever sees an NBA court. Davidson would have won by around 20 had he made all the bunnies he missed. He really can handle and pass it though.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Lol I should just post my back and forth between me and rocketeer on here. Thats how highly I think of his game. Should be a steal for whoever gets him. A dynamic scorer

1 - 20 of 175 Posts