Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW YORK — NBA Commissioner David Stern brought finality to Ron Artest's status Monday, reaffirming his season-long suspension of the Indiana Pacers forward.

Stern had left the door open for Artest's reinstatement in recent interviews, but told The Indianapolis Star that he believes that Artest will benefit most from sitting out this season, including the playoffs.

"Our goal is to do everything we possibly can to ensure Ron's return to the NBA next season is as smooth as it can possibly be," Stern said in an interview from the league's headquarters in Manhattan.

"There's a lot of things we're participating in to that end and we're confident he'll be back as a contributing member of the Pacers and the NBA next season."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/pacers/2005-03-21-stern-artest_x.htm

At least all this speculation can now be put to an end.
Hopefully the Pacers will be able to focus again, and start winning some games.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i was not at all surprised by this. he never gave any real indication that he would ever reduce it. there was a bunch of garbage from time to time that i would see or hear but never anything to it at all. i am glad this whole topic has finally been put to rest.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
I was jus gonna make a thread about this, i already made one in the Nba General forum.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
ya **** stern

1 - 7 of 7 Posts