Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Do you think Steve Francis is the most overated player in the league???

• Yes he is!!!!!!!!

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • No he isn't!!! Are u crazy???

Votes: 27 39.7%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve Francis=most overrated playa in league

Do you think Steve Francis is the most overated player in the league. My example him starting in the all-star game.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Yes, I think he is overrated.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
yeah, if it went on skill then don't you think cassel would be starting for the west?

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
agreed...he is very ovveratted

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
If he was in the same system as say Jason Kidd was in, he would be awesome.

Since he is in the slow Van Gundy system, he isn't going to look as good.

And yes I think he is a little overrated.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I think he is overrated. He is a good combo guard who is also a great dunker and has some exciting one-on-one moves... but those traits can be deceiving. He's not far above average as a starting guard.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
In my opinion, that example sucks because all it does is bring up the omnipresent substance vs. style argument for the all-star game. Being voted an all-star starter doesn't make you the most overrated player in the league, even if you aren't deserving. Francis definitely has the style to be an all-star starter, while Cassell's substance definitely merits his selection to the all-star team as well. Even if Cassell has played much better, I'd rather see Francis in an all-star game where he has the opportunity to show off his athleticism than watch Cassell back someone down and hit some yawn-inducing fadeaway 12 footers..

Weren't you all the same ones complaining that Francis and Carter aren't in the dunk contest?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
I think he is overrated. He is a good combo guard who is also a great dunker and has some exciting one-on-one moves... but those traits can be deceiving. He's not far above average as a starting guard.
I agree with this.

I dont know if I would call him the most overrated player in the league, although I do think he is one of them.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

I agree with this.

I dont know if I would call him the most overrated player in the league, although I do think he is one of them.
to me he is too out of control on the court. i agree he is more of a 2g but i dont know if you win a title with this guy. i would test his trade value if i were them. i would think it may be pretty high. as for him being voted to start the all star game, more reason fans shouldnt be voting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the most overrated player is easily VC.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sovereignz</b>!
In my opinion, that example sucks because all it does is bring up the omnipresent substance vs. style argument for the all-star game. Being voted an all-star starter doesn't make you the most overrated player in the league, even if you aren't deserving. Francis definitely has the style to be an all-star starter, while Cassell's substance definitely merits his selection to the all-star team as well. Even if Cassell has played much better, I'd rather see Francis in an all-star game where he has the opportunity to show off his athleticism than watch Cassell back someone down and hit some yawn-inducing fadeaway 12 footers..

Weren't you all the same ones complaining that Francis and Carter aren't in the dunk contest?
Couldn't of said it better myself.

:yes:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Francis is one of the top 5 pgs in the league I think, his ability to slash is unparalleled among the guards.. his athleticism always makes him a dangerous weapon, he's one of the best rebouning guards out there, and he's just a victim of the 'give the ball to Yao' system

Kinda like how Pippen sucked in Houston when they turned him into a jump-shooter, even though I hate him anyways he could have produced way more for another team back then..

Interesting to see everyone jump on his back and get on Cassell's jock now when the past times of Francis killing everyone in the midst of migraines and Cassell being deemed 'selfish' were only what, the last couple years?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Originally posted by <b>patticus</b>!
Francis is one of the top 5 pgs in the league I think, his ability to slash is unparalleled among the guards.. his athleticism always makes him a dangerous weapon, he's one of the best rebouning guards out there, and he's just a victim of the 'give the ball to Yao' system

Kinda like how Pippen sucked in Houston when they turned him into a jump-shooter, even though I hate him anyways he could have produced way more for another team back then..

Interesting to see everyone jump on his back and get on Cassell's jock now when the past times of Francis killing everyone in the midst of migraines and Cassell being deemed 'selfish' were only what, the last couple years?
I don't see why everyone is blaming the system, most of the time he doesn't even follow it.

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>AL9045</b>!

I don't see why everyone is blaming the system, most of the time he doesn't even follow it.
Before Yao was the focal point of the offense it was Stevie. I'd honestly like to see Stevie play for a different team if Yao and JVG are going to be there much longer.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
I don't know if he's the most over-rated player in the league but he's one of many over-rated players in the league.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Steve Francis

Career Stats:

YEAR MINS FG% 3PT% FT% REB AST STL BLK T/O PTS

99-00 36.1 .445 .345 .786 5.30 6.6 1.53 .38 3.97 18.0
(ROOKIE OF THE YEAR)

00-01 39.9 .451 .396 .817 6.90 6.5 1.76 .39 3.31 19.9
(SELECTED TO SOPHMORE TEAM IN ROOKIE CHALLENGE)

01-02 41.1 .417 .324 .773 7.00 6.4 1.25 .44 3.88 21.6
(ALL-STAR STARTER BASED ON AN EXCEPTIONAL STATS)

02-03 41.0 .435 .354 .800 6.20 6.2 1.74 .51 3.69 21.0
(ALL-STAR STARTER BASED ON POPULARITY AND CONSISTENCY)

03-04 39.6 .389 .285 .754 5.60 5.9 1.44 .47 3.69 16.4
(ALL-STAR STARTER......)

The purpose of this post is to help everyone understand that those of us who don't think Stevie deserves to make the all-star team this season are not haters. We've just been paying attention.:yes:

·
Registered
452 Posts
yeah there have been at least 4 pgs in the west much more deserving than francis. cassell, bibby, nash, and payton have all played better than francis this season.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts