Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both are young and very talented but who would u take to be your starting PG?

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Steve Franchise even thou i am a clippers fan i would still pick Franchise over Dre any day

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Originally posted by <b>LionsFan01</b>!
Both are young and very talented but who would u take to be your starting PG?
Well... I am a huge Toronto Raptors fan. If I could trade Alvin Williams straight up for one of them, it'd be Francis. We need scoring desperately. The Franchise provides scoring along with creativity in the open floor and the ablility to get his own shot on anyone in the clutch.

If I'm the Clippers, I take Dre to run as unselfishly as possible with Q, Brand, Kandi, Odom, and Spagette.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
For no particular reason other than some game decisions I've seen from both of them, I'd pick Miller. He has learned to be a PG better than Franchise, imo, much like KJ learned to be a solid playmaker & offensive-minded PG for the Suns.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mduke</b>!
Different types of players....I admit, Dre is a better pure PG, but Francis can score and rebound better.....I'm a little biased on this, so I dont know if my vote counts or not;)

Francis
I would think your vote counted! LOL! Wait a minute - do we actually get to vote on these comparisons?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
It depends...if this PG I choose would share the ball with 4 other scorers, I would choose Miller. But if the PG was expected to be an offensive threat I would choose Francis.

Just purely by skill, though, I would pick Francis.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i would have to go with miller, he can pass, shoot, and play defense, everything a pg needs to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
IMO, Francis is playing out of position, he's really not a PG, I see him more of a SG in the mold of A.I. that's why i'll go with Miller who's PG's skills only come second to J.Kidd.:D

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I choose my pg last

If I'm starting a team, I wait until I've got my other 4 starters before I pick my pointguard. I think a pointguard should compliment the rest of the team, not the other way around. Because of how I'd try to build my team, Miller would be a better fit for me, but that's only if I had my first choice of who else I had.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If I'm starting a team, I wait until I've got my other 4 starters before I pick my pointguard. I think a pointguard should compliment the rest of the team, not the other way around. Because of how I'd try to build my team, Miller would be a better fit for me, but that's only if I had my first choice of who else I had.
I think that's an insightful way of viewing the PG position. With me, the question implicitly lends itself to being 'which PG would you build a team around' and I gotta go Franchise.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
I'd take DreDay Of the Clipps....

IMO - He's more of a complete all around player
Dishing off/Transition, Scoring and Playing D....
A young Floor Leader to lead the breaks

Francis is good, but I would'nt consider him as a true floor leader or even a PG (he's a 2 isn't he??). He's a consistant scorer and has a lot of flash, but with choosing Dre, he gets everyone involved and opens things up for the players.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!

Francis is good, but I would'nt consider him as a true floor leader or even a PG (he's a 2 isn't he??). He's a consistant scorer and has a lot of flash, but with choosing Dre, he gets everyone involved and opens things up for the players.
I agree-so I would choose Dre.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'll take Andre Miller.

Franchise is an excellent player but he cannot pass the ball or build up a play like Dre can and not to mention Dre does get pretty good points per game so it isn't like he's horrible at getting points either.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Id Take

Id take Dre anyday.

Over Francis, over Davis...............

Payton IMO is the best PG in the L, followed by Kidd(close 2nd)

·
Registered
924 Posts
If my team needed a real PG I'd take Dre' Miller.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Dre

MDuke said Francis is a better rebounder, that's false, Dre was 3rd among PGs behind Kidd and Bobby Jackson, he averages close to 4.8 reb (4.76...).....Anyways I take Dre any day, he's the total package and peeps don't realize that he's going to get a lot of open 3s this year. The reason his 3% was just above 25% was becuase they were all forced shots and was never open, if the Clipps can raise Mcinnis' average to 33% 3s from like 17% than Dre can raise his with the Clipps too.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Francis averaged like 6-7 rebounds per contest he just wasn't ranked because he was injured so much last year.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I think that's an insightful way of viewing the PG position. With me, the question implicitly lends itself to being 'which PG would you build a team around' and I gotta go Franchise.
My point is that I wouldn't even try to build a team around a pointguard, I'd find a pointguard who fit my team. But if I for some reason HAD to, then I would have to go with Dre, because he'd be much easier to build around IMO.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts