Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy has got absolutely incredible talent and no idea what to do with it. He just faked that he was injured so that he wouldn't have to run back on defence, and then jumped right up again as soon as the Rockets got the ball back. And the only time he ever passed properly to Ming was when he wasn't ready and in position for a good shot.
But if he could ever learn how to run a team and work on all aspects of his game instead of just trying to prove to everyone how well he can handle the ball, I really think he could be the best point guard in the league.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
here's my take tiny,the guy isnt a pt guard,never will be.he is to houston what iverson is to the sixers.the team has bet their future on yao ming,they can either move francis for a real pt guard or move him to the two and get someone else to run the pt.my thinking is they will probably not make the playoffs again and they will need to come out of next years pt guard loaded draft with a new floor general.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Have you played in the NBA? Or made 80 million dollars?

He just faked that he was injured so that he wouldn't have to run back on defence, and then jumped right up again as soon as the Rockets got the ball back.

You could tell he was really hurting, even after he shot it, he went out of the game. And even if he was faking it, is there a rule where you can't keep a player back? If anything, it would give an advantage to the other team....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly my point, it would give an advantage to the other team. In other words, Francis hasn't yet learned how to play and help his team win in all facets of the game. And come on, you don't really believe that he was hurt. He showed no signs of it at any point later in the game.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Steve Francis = SG. Steve Francis != PG.

in the future i'm betting to see something like this

PG: ????
SG: Francis
SF: Mobley
PF: Griffin
C: Yao

now that is one kick No masking-aqua lineup that i'd salivate for in a video game, rather than real life.

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Originally posted by <b>murdarous</b>!

now that is one kick No masking aqua lineup that i'd salivate for in a video game, rather than real life.
murdarous.
you must be a computer guy. I bet half the people reading this quote are like what the No masking aqua is "!="

one thing, I dont think mobley could make it at the small forward in the west, but that would be a good video game lineup!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Originally posted by <b>murdarous</b>!

now that is one kick *** lineup that i'd salivate for in a video game, rather than real life.
muchie norris could play point guard, he preatty good.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I think Francis does fine at pg, but perhaps they need to sign a sf who can bring the ball up better, so they don't lose size as sg, and sf with your suggested lineup.

-Petey

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
i think if you are running a triangle offense where the ball goes into the post then you dont really need a pure pt guard(the bulls with michael),the rockets offense to me is pretty much a case of inbound the ball and then fire away.francis may be a skilled player in several aspects of the game,namely scoring and rebounding but to say he does fine at pg is a pretty lame statement.i dont see him being their pt in the future,either he will move to the 2g or he will move out of town.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I heard Houston is installing the motion offense. To my knowledge, you don't need a Stockton-like PG to distribute the ball in this kind of offense. You need some guys who can pass the ball well (Francis, Mobley, Griffin, etc all can pass) and ideally a low-post presence who could sees the field very well, this is where Yao Ming kicks in. Yao'll be a very good help if they run this offense more later in the season.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I wouldn't pick steve francis to be my PG unless it was between him and Bimbo Coles..... and even then its a tough decision.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
I wouldn't pick steve francis to be my PG unless it was between him and Bimbo Coles..... and even then its a tough decision.
LOL, alright that is going a bit overboard. Francis is a top PG, he brings other things to the table that others don't... and if Houston can take advantage of this, they can win...

-Petey

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Stevie Franchise reminds me of the guy at the pickup game who you pray you don't have to run with cause he thinks he's a one man team and your only their to cover the boards.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!
Stevie Franchise reminds me of the guy at the pickup game who you pray you don't have to run with cause he thinks he's a one man team and your only their to cover the boards.
Hahahaa... I know what you mean dude... I hate those guys too...:laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts