Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Steve Nash, point guard for the Phoenix Suns has become a fashion icon with his long greasy hair style. It is changing the way we look at hair styles in the NBA.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
I have long wondered why Stevie does not just get a good haircut. I'm not sure when he started sporting that look.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
nah, I think bald and fro are still the options.

·
Charge!
3,922 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
You guys are just jealous.
:biggrin:
Who? Me? My fiancee loves my full head of hair. Sometime this week we are going to cover up the gray with Just For Men. It works wonders.

G-Force

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
G-Force said:
I have long wondered why Stevie does not just get a good haircut. I'm not sure when he started sporting that look.
You know what... I am asian and asian people love those long-hair, cool style. While most of the basketball players think Steve and Dirk have "bad" hair, we asians love that kind of hairstyle! It's so cool to see their hair flying in the air when they run/jump. lol But now Dirk comes back to his "normal" look.

Anyway... I guess it's a cultural difference. :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Yeah, Nash really stands out in the court with that hair. His head also looks much bigger and you can easily identify him from far out.

But I dont know about you guys, but when they zoom into close-ups on nash, he always fixes his hair behind his ear, everytime I always think he should wear a head band or something... doesnt affect his game however.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Ben's Fro is hair style #1 in the NBA!
#2 gotta be Allen Iverson's Corn Rows!

a few years back Moochie's Fro was soo funny!

·
Registered
740 Posts
I dont think Nash will start any kind of a trend but his hair a welcome change from the 1 or 2 ways most players wear their hair. Nash is a unique player in a lot of regards-playing style, hair, background etc. Like when he wore a "drop 3's not bombs" shirt to the nba allstar pregame a couple years back. he doesnt care what other people think and i think that sets a good example. So in conclusion i think nash's hair style is cool, but i hope it doesnt start any trends.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts