Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I went to one of these meetings (he's apparently having one every game in order to meet with all of the season ticket holders), and I agree with those thoughts.

-Pop

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
That was very interesting. Thanks for posting it.

I wonder what's eating Gilbert Miles?

I have a really hard time understanding the backlash from dismissing Cheeks. PatterNash did him a favor by letting him go now rather than making him finish the year. They did the young players and basketball fans a favor at the same time. They did what was in the best long-term interest of the franchise. Where's the beef?

Next coach and playing style? Sounds like the Adelman teams we all knew and loved. But we will need plenty of formal, if not on the court, structure, and a good dose of nurturing and team building, for our young players to thrive.

Just say no to Clyde. Sorry, nothing personal. Porter, Petrie, Buck or Kiki, sure you betcha.

Steve P. does come across a little immature from some reports I've heard, but I'm glad he got steamed and laid it out for the local media. Maybe it's an illusion, but it seems to have made a positive difference.

Thanks again for posting the recap; and thanks Discovery69 for the write-up. :clap:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I can't believe how much of that was about Blazer image, player conduct, etc. Why is the Darius Miles fine stuff even an issue? Shouldn't the season ticket holders be more concerned with the fact that the team has lost like 20 games in a row and have fully embraced Hawk-like loserhood (I was going to say Clipper-like, but it wouldn't seem right after they just pasted us) instead of whether Darius Miles got his money back?

I get the feeling that these rich old farts are more concerned with nitpicking at every little behind the scenes issue than watching, you know, winning basketball.

I'm also unenthused with the idea that the team wants to move towards a more run and gun Phoenix and Seattle type team. Those kinds of teams always look pretty during the regular season, but never win the big one. We had a team like that back in the early 90's and they ended up losing to more discipled half-court, defensive minded teams like Detroit and Chicago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts