Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
nice. did anyone read the game recap of the leafs game yesterday?

charlie v was in attendance..nice to see him support toronto teams.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anniebananerz said:
Do you think he's going to apologize for what he said on draft day?
I don't think he has to, really. His comments directly about Charlie were positive.

My guess is that he'll say nobody expected Charlie to be able to play small forward in the NBA, despite the fact his versitility is one of the primary reasons we drafted him.

·
bbb
4,538 Posts
This interview surely cleared things up abit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
He said exactly what I thought. He clearly said Charlie will be a solid pro before he startes bashing RB and what he said was true.

RB did want Wright. Babcock was an idiot and got fired for it. I doubt Babcock thought when he drafted Charlie that he would be perfect to play the 3. I am guessing Sam Mitchell told Steven A. that as well.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Man, he really hates Raptors fans. He must have said he didn't like us about 10 times.
If Babcock saw this interview he is probably in the fetal position sucking his thumb, Steven A. was harsh on him.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
^Umm, what's to hate about Raptor fans? hahaa. personally, being one myself, i love them. =)

But honestly, Raptor fans are one of the smartest groups of fans out there when it comes to bball. We know our stuff.

·
Registered
249 Posts
anniebananerz said:
^Umm, what's to hate about Raptor fans? hahaa. personally, being one myself, i love them. =)

But honestly, Raptor fans are one of the smartest groups of fans out there when it comes to bball. We know our stuff.
Sounds like he got a hate mail about his "alleged" comments about Charlie V. from Raps fans that he didn't appreciate.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
He was right about one thing.

He remembered the Babcock quotes about Charlie being a 4/5 in the league and how he and Bosh would play together in those spots. I was upset about those very same statements. Because they were stupid and wrong. Charlie could never be a 5. So if he was drafted using that logic then it was a BAD choice. The decision making process was flawed.

But I think Babs only said that AFTER draft night, and Smith's comments were immediately after the pick was announced. So he is full of BS for using that as an excuse.

And don't think for a minute that Babs said those things without Sam and Wayne and Pete all being of the same opinion about Charlie. None of them thought they were drafting a SF. They got very lucky, or MAY have gotten very lucky, if Charlie can really hold down that position going forward. There is no way Babs makes those comments if his key advisors are telling him Charlie will be a SF. No way.

Its amazing how Sam and Wayne get a total pass from everybody. Rob had the whole group get together for every big decision in those Behind the Draft shows. Anyone who thinks he was just completely ignoring the input of Wayne and Sam is crazy.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
lucky777s said:
He was right about one thing.

He remembered the Babcock quotes about Charlie being a 4/5 in the league and how he and Bosh would play together in those spots. I was upset about those very same statements. Because they were stupid and wrong. Charlie could never be a 5. So if he was drafted using that logic then it was a BAD choice. The decision making process was flawed.

But I think Babs only said that AFTER draft night, and Smith's comments were immediately after the pick was announced. So he is full of BS for using that as an excuse.

And don't think for a minute that Babs said those things without Sam and Wayne and Pete all being of the same opinion about Charlie. None of them thought they were drafting a SF. They got very lucky, or MAY have gotten very lucky, if Charlie can really hold down that position going forward. There is no way Babs makes those comments if his key advisors are telling him Charlie will be a SF. No way.

Its amazing how Sam and Wayne get a total pass from everybody. Rob had the whole group get together for every big decision in those Behind the Draft shows. Anyone who thinks he was just completely ignoring the input of Wayne and Sam is crazy.
I think Rob had a good idea of his potential to play the three. How could he not? Everyone else seemed too. People listed him as a 4/5 because it was a fairly safe thing to say. Given Charlie's size on paper it looked like a 4/5, but anyone who watched UConn knew about his ballhandling and passing skills.
Rob probably said those things because to say Charlie would play SF off the bat would have made him look crazy. Besides, Rob also said he was going to draft the player who fitted the teams mold and wanted to be in Toronto. Nobody gives any credit for that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.