Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like this guy, he is so assertive and doesn't give a damn what anybody says, but Greg Anthony tried to diss my guy today. **** wasn't cool.

What does everyone think about Steven A. Smith.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I don't much care for the depth of Steven A.'s opinions. But he's definitely a lot of fun. Watching NBA Fastbreak is such torture anyways, so it's little things that get me through it. Like Steven A. yelling at Kevin Fraser. Or Greg Anthony correcting Tim Legler's grammar.

I think Greg Anthony is drunk sometimes on the show. He's usually composed. But there are times where he's just really belligerent.

He and Ric Bucher don't like each other either. Which is interesting.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
[email protected] greg anthony being drunk sometimes

stephen a smith is the biggest idiot
when he is tryin to say something to make himself look smart its one of the funniest things in the world of sports commentating

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Pretty much, Kevin Frasier is the only decent guy on the whole show. Everyone else is so damn biased and annoying. Smith, Anthony, Legler, etc.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
Pretty much, Kevin Frasier is the only decent guy on the whole show. Everyone else is so damn biased and annoying. Smith, Anthony, Legler, etc.
Kevin Fraser is just as biased as everyone else. Except that he knows nothing about the NBA. He gets guys names wrong all the time.

You want to see his bias, wait until they start talking about the Lakers. He's very much a huge laker fan.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
You want to see his bias, wait until they start talking about the Lakers. He's very much a huge laker fan.

Speaking of huge Laker fans, it's very funny listening to a broadcast with Marv Albert doing a Laker game. When the opposing team does something good, Marv will say something along the lines of: Yes.

When the Lakers do something good, it goes along the lines of: YYYYYYES!!!!!!!

I''m not bashing the Lakers, or even Marv Albert, I just think it's funny.:laugh:

·
Registered
10,839 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KokoTheMonkey</b>!

Speaking of huge Laker fans, it's very funny listening to a broadcast with Marv Albert doing a Laker game. When the opposing team does something good, Marv will say something along the lines of: Yes.

When the Lakers do something good, it goes along the lines of: YYYYYYES!!!!!!!

I''m not bashing the Lakers, or even Marv Albert, I just think it's funny.:laugh:
Its true. Marv has purple and gold panties.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Marv Albert is w/o question a Knick fan. Just try to think back to all those Knicks playoff games. (He also is the Knicks play-by-play guy)

As for Stephen A., he just cracks me up. I laugh everytime. The guy makes for good TV. I don't really need analysis anyway, so being entertained is a good thing.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
remember the old nba on nbc halftime shows that actually highlighted other games being played at the time?? those sure were the days

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
arrogant punk who doesnt have much to say why else would he say "i dont care if...... it doesnt matter if.............. " everytime he's on

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Actually even though I disagree with him a bit, I like listening to what he has to say more than the way he says it. I know it's television entertainment and all, but he's just way too hyper.

Greg Anthony is rude. Period.

·
Registered
9,747 Posts
Stephen A. Smith is such a Vecsey- wannabe.

The halftime interview with Marion after the Marbury trade has to be the worst ever.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
On a side note, did anyone see Steven A. Smith with a afro wig on today? He looked EXACTLY like Ludacris, I think it was Kevin Fraizer that pointed it out. Holy crap, it was freaky how similar they look.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
He is the most annoying guy on ESPN

I dont buy that "im the man, im going to make a statement every time I speak" act.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Stephen A. Smith reminds me of Stuart Scott of SportsCenter...desperate to develop a street cred reputation by jamming as many slang terms and nicknames as he can into what he says.

Combined with his Vecsey-like rumours and weak analysis...I'm not impressed with him as an "expert."

I'd rather listen to a guy like Steve Kerr, who can speak and write well and seems to have a decent understanding of the game. But he's not as "entertaining" as a Stephen A. Smith is supposed to be, so he doesn't get much face time.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
tell him to go back to being a sportswriter, since he does meet the criteria of not knowing any true analysis. He just talkes about coaches and "hunches". Anyone can do that.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
I happen to like Smith. He is by far not biased, because he was a writer(dont know if he still is) a writer for the phily times, and he talks bad about the sixers. Ya, sometimes his opinions are out of this world, but he does know what he is talking about most of the time. we have our own opinions and may even be alittle bias towards our fav. teams and players. I dont mind the guy, I HATE BILL WALTON WAY MORE THAN HIM. I CANT STAND WALTON!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts