Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is just his little mid boost he usually has but do you guys think he's ready to break out and be more consistent with around 17ppg?

He's been playing well lately...I just wanna know what u Magic fans see...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stevenson progressing into a solid SG is a big bonus for next season. If he can continue to step up and play as he has the past few games it opens up not having to deal Steve-"T"O for a SG and Weis can instead focus on getting multiple players instead of just one if a deal is turned to. Jameer has proven to be an NBA caliber PG so brining in a combination of players that can be PG and SG for Steve then another young big in the draft would bring some quality depth.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Stevenson has played well, but i'm not sure if he can keep it up.

He still makes me nervous every time he makes an outside shot, because I get the feeling there is going to be at least a few more going up soon.

I don't think we should bank on Stevenson as out starting SG for the future. He is a very streaky shooter and he a very involved shooting motion, leading me to believe he will always be just a streaky shooter.

He is pretty good when he attacks the basket though, like against Phoenix.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I liked Stevenson before he even came to Orlando. I was very disappointed to see him getting hardly any playing time. He is a good shooting guard and has a nice build. He is what we need, someone who can score and who can play defense. Joe Johnson is similar because of his strong body and able to hit outside shots and still take it in. Not many SGs can take advantage of Johnson because he is bigger then most SGs. We need to package Francis some how to get a big man. Someone who is agressive and agile. Fortson and Foster are two that I like. I would say Brad Miller, but what is the likelyness of trading again with Sacramento?

PG-Nelson, Hill, Draft pick
SG-Stevenson,Christie(?)
SF-Turkoglu, Hill, Garrity
PF-Howard, Battie
C-Foster,Kasun, Cato

Not a whole lot of depth, but of course we'd get more then just Foster or Fortson for Francis.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
deanwoof said:
no.. give any sg in the league some pt and theyll put up nymbers

I don't totally agree with that, but I don't like the idea of Stevenson at SG long-term. I don't think he is ever going to be consistent enough. It would be great if he proved me wrong, but I doubt he does. He has certainly gotten comfortable since starting - getting himself 18-20 shots a game as a starter.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
I'm a huge Stevenson fan, some of you probably know that. But I like him as a backup -- not a starter. He's shown me that he can be an above average backup shooting guard and a capable point guard when needed. He's shown me that when he attacks the basket he can be very good. He's shown me that when he applies himself defensively he's the best perimeter defender we have, and it's not even close. The problem with that is once he started getting consistent PT as a starter his defensive intensity went down and he started settling for his jumper too much. Keep him playing 18-20 minutes per game off the bench and I think he's a very valuable player for the Magic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts