Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is money! He carried Gonzaga on his back last night as the rest of their team looked like deer in headlights. He is definitely the best player I have seen in the tournament and he reminds me of Larry Bird.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,166 Posts
As long as he doesn't think he can play SG. He will be a decent SF in the league, but please don't insult Larry Legend by comparing Morrison to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
He's more Larry Hagman than Larry Bird. He's uncoordinated and slow with a great shooting touch. The same resume as the other Bulldog-alums.... Dickau and Frahm.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mediocre man said:
As long as he doesn't think he can play SG. He will be a deent SF in the league, but please don't insult Larry Legend by comparing Morrison to him.
I didn't say that he's as good as Bird, but he definitely reminds me of him. His offense is terrific, inside and out.
 

·
Retired From The Beat
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Honestly, comparing players to other players is a waste of time. Style and talent is usually unique, and almost impossible to compare.

What I DO think you can compare is that special "it" that a lot of the best players have had over the years. MJ had it, Larry had it, Magic had it, and I can definitely see it in LeBron. The scary part is, I've seen it in Bassy as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NateBishop3 said:
Honestly, comparing players to other players is a waste of time. Style and talent is usually unique, and almost impossible to compare.

What I DO think you can compare is that special "it" that a lot of the best players have had over the years. MJ had it, Larry had it, Magic had it, and I can definitely see it in LeBron. The scary part is, I've seen it in Bassy as well.
I see the "it" factor in Morrison. I don't see it in Telfair.
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
white360 said:

3 Adam Morrison, F
Height/Weight: 6-8/205
Birthplace: Spokane, WA
Team: Gonzaga Bulldogs
Class: Sophomore

GP MIN/G PTS/G REB/G AST/G FG %
29 33.9 18.5 5.4 2.8 49.4
sweet, he's a spokanite!

anyone else think he looks a lot better with shorter hair? I mean, with long hair, he looks like one of those punks who we all know and dislike.

you long haired hippy person!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
lalooska said:
He's more Larry Hagman than Larry Bird. He's uncoordinated and slow with a great shooting touch. The same resume as the other Bulldog-alums.... Dickau and Frahm.
That actually sounds like Bird :clown:
 

·
Banned member
Joined
·
28,452 Posts
tlong said:
I think Jefferson will have a more productive career in the NBA than Telfair.
He might, but thats really not the point. It depends on how he works with the Trail Blazers (and how the team does). Not how he does compared to Jefferson.

Besides, just because you think Jefferson will have a more productive career, doesn't mean he will. It's too early to tell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,001 Posts
tlong said:
I see the "it" factor in Morrison. I don't see it in Telfair.
This goes to the crux of the "it" issue: it's purely subjective.

Before they "prove" they have "it", it's impossible to prove. After they win a bunch, it's irrelevant.

Does Rasheed Wallace have "it"? Does Kevin Garnett? I don't see how it really matters.

Ed O.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ed O said:
This goes to the crux of the "it" issue: it's purely subjective.

Before they "prove" they have "it", it's impossible to prove. After they win a bunch, it's irrelevant.

Does Rasheed Wallace have "it"? Does Kevin Garnett? I don't see how it really matters.

Ed O.

True dat. However, I believe this is why Nash picked Telfair.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,890 Posts
with the short hair he is just another basketball player, the hair you see Adam Morrison!
 
1 - 20 of 102 Posts
Top