What do u guys think

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Garnett isn't overrated, IMO.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
I wouldn't say he's overrated, but he's not worth what the T'wolves want. Plus it's hard enough to financially build a team around 3 max players, trading away half the team and adding a salary like Garnett's is even harder.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Its funny ever since Pippen called KG overrated - everyone is using that term now. Some people are influenced by media too easily.

Anyways, i think the team will do well enough this season for the organization to not make drastic changes in the offseason. Chemistry takes time to create. and i don't they would want to mess the big 4. But if they do bad...i can see Thorn making a move. Not sure KG would want out of Minny though

·
Registered
7,332 Posts
SetShotWilly said:
Its funny ever since Pippen called KG overrated - everyone is using that term now. Some people are influenced by media too easily.

Anyways, i think the team will do well enough this season for the organization to not make drastic changes in the offseason. Chemistry takes time to create. and i don't they would want to mess the big 4. But if they do bad...i can see Thorn making a move. Not sure KG would want out of Minny though
I've always thought he was... People were using the term "overrated" before Pippen said it.

To tell you the truth I think even giving up Krstic would be too much for KG. He'll get KG type #'s in a few years at a cheaper price. Nevermind RJ or VC.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
ToddMacCulloch11 said:
He isn't overrated and I'd love to have him on the team, but I wouldn't give up Vince AND RJ for him which was what I heard last that they'd want from us for him.
Don't forget Nenad too, because they'll want a big.

Any two from VC, RJ, and Nenad is too much. Actually Nenad is fast becoming untouchable. I think he's become my new favorite Net. I've finally got a Kittles replacement. :banana:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
I've always thought he was... People were using the term "overrated" before Pippen said it.

To tell you the truth I think even giving up Krstic would be too much for KG. He'll get KG type #'s in a few years at a cheaper price.
I know but alot of people are saying it now than they did before imo. It could also be because he raised the issue? but still..

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
SetShotWilly said:
I know but alot of people are saying it now than they did before imo. It could also be because he raised the issue? but still..
I heard it a lot before too.

Could just be you didn't hear those people because they were not Scotty Pippen. Sometimes you notice something more after the media draws attention to it, but it was always there to some extent.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Stefan Nellemoes said:
Having Kidd, Carter and KG = Championship.

Losing RJ and maybe Nenad would be sad, but.. That's the price, if you want to be a contender...
Team can't afford Kidd, Carter and KG. Never going to happen. Unless the NBA switches to a game of 3-on-3 with two 10 minute halves and 5 man rosters.

·
Premium Member
3,961 Posts
An early playoff exit, then yes I do. But given Kidd's age, the chemistry that's developed between the 4 of them this full season and just the need for a couple of 4's is all we need. Making the right decisions on those lie with Thorn and Stefanski. If you move VC and Krstic for KG, you would have to redevelop chemistry. You'd be without the depth we desperately needed this past season. We would go with Collins, KG, RJ, Kidd, Wright/Zoran with Robinson, McInnis off the bench, how much would rat be willing to spend on a bench. IF we can make a good run in the playoffs, I'd rather add a PF through free agency and one through the draft, then fill out he roster with minimums, guys like Murray, Vaughn.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.