Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Petey said:
I think it could.

Playing sidekick to the greatest, or one of the greatest players ever, could give him a different perception of the game and other players.

It certainly did that to himself, as I remember in the playoffs after MJ 'retired', Kukoc came over and joined the Bulls, Jackson drew up a play for Kukoc to take the final shot in a game. Pippen refused to come off the bench, and the Bulls won that game on Kukoc's shot. So apparently Jackson drew up a good play, which he refused to take part in.

-Petey
We are talking about one of the 50 greatest players of all time, not just some guy who played next to MJ. Lets keep this in mind, MJ didnt win squat without Pippen and vice versa. His opinions do carry some weight

· Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Pimped Out said:
you dont recall him doing it often enough :rolf: i dont remember vc having season averages of 23/13/5 often enough. and if vc is regularly going off for 30, why is his average 24. he must really be half ***ing it the rest of the time. especially considering kg doesnt get 30 pts often enough, but averages only 2 pts less. not bad for a guys who weakness is scoring. could you imagine if a guys whose weakness was scoring shot over 50% from the field? i also dont remember vc ever getting 20/20. i also dont remember kg *****ing about injuries, quitting on his team despite them being in the lottery.

so just to some things up, kg is a better passer, rebounder, and defender, in case anyone was curious.

kevin garnett having an "off" year is still easily a top 5 player in the league. remember last time kg had a competent pg guard playing, they had the 2nd best record in the league and were in the WCF.

Go NeTs
Do you think a trade of Vince and Nenad or RJ and Nenad for KG is a fair deal for the nets. When really if they can get a guy like Wilcox, Gooden or a bunch of good draft picks they could very well be contenders next year. Why blow up the team when the problem can be fixed with much cheaper resources

· Premium Member
69,620 Posts
tone wone said:
nope...his problems are with health. Its sad really....the man has always been in great shape, perfect physique but is about as durable as a plastic bag full of knives.

Although he's only missed like 4 games this year
Its a shame really, he isnt getting any recognition whatsoever for his contributions this year. 20,10 and managed to stay relatively healthy this season is pretty good in my books.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.