Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Houston- Yao Ming - We all know about this one. NBA COMPARISON: Manute Bol

2. Chicago- Jay Williams - Although I am a little skeptical of Williams, I think he might fit in well with the atmosphere. NBA COMPARISON: Andre Miller

3. Golden State- Mike Dunleavy - Good shooters are welcome on any team, and good shooters that are 6'9" are rare, and are gobbled up by any teams that can get their hands on them. NBA COMPARISON: Keith Van Horn

4. Memphis- Nikoloz Tskitishvili – The word is out on Tskitishvilli and Memphis has made it clear that they want this guy. Could play a SF position like Dirk Nowitzki, but it is my true and honest opinion that Tskitishvilli will end up a PF in the end. NBA COMPARISON: Dirk Nowitzki

5. Denver – Caron Butler – Has extremely good moves and knows how to get the ball where it needs to go. He is extremely agile, very fast, and a great shooter from anywhere on the floor. He also can contribute on the defensive end. Your perfect all around player. NBA COMPARISON: Kobe Bryant

6. Cleveland – Drew Gooden – The Cavaliers want Gooden badly, not only is he an outstanding rebounder, but he has very good post moves and can get almost anything to fall when he is feeling it. NBA COMPARISON: Tony Battie

7. New York- Chris Wilcox – Although his stock seems to be falling lately, the Knicks have stated that they will definitely take Wilcox if he falls this far. NBA COMPARISON: Ben Wallace

8. LA clippers – DaJuan Wagner – Very fast and has an excellent feel for the ball inside, is a master at trick shots and could be the most explosive player in the draft. Might be able to give the Clippers the extra edge. NBA COMPARISON: Allen Iverson

9. Phoenix- Nene Hilario - Maybe the strongest of the draft, Nene Hilario would provide the kind of inside power that teams want, Nene Hilario might be just what the Suns are looking for. NBA COMPARISON: Antonio McDyss

10. Miami- Qyntel Woods – Could be the last piece the Clippers need to make them a force to be reckoned with, very quick and agile, he might be the most explosive player in the draft. If he develops well, his comparison to Tracy McGrady might not be all that far-fetched. NBA COMPARISON: Tracy McGrady

11. Washington- Amare Stoudamire - A very tough competitor that would fit in well with the young team. Would have the opportunity of a lifetime to play with MJ, and could be a star in years to come. NBA COMPARISON: Jermaine O’neal

12. L.A. Clippers- Jared Jeffries - I think the Clippers will go after a very solid front court in this draft, and with Elton Brand and Owolakandi already on the roster, they might be able to make some key trades if things don’t work out. NBA COMPARISON: Richard Jefferson

13. Milwaukee- Marcus Haslip - The Bucks need some more inside power, and Marcus Haslip can provide it, also has allot of potential to develop a more universal role for the Bucks. NBA COMPARISON: Danny Fortson

14. Indiana- Kareem Rush - Probably fits better than any other player drafted so far with this team. Shoots well, rebounds well for his size, and can play defense tenaciously at times, would be a perfect replacement for Reggie Miller, and has the kind of leadership that could make a championship team. NBA COMPARISON: Reggie Miller

15. Houston: Bostjon Nachbar – With Ming already drafted, the Rockets only other hole would be the SF spot. The 6-9 SF has a very good shooting touch and can contribute on the boards as well. NBA COMPARISON: Rodney Rogers

16. Philadelphia- Curtis Borchardt - Just the Kind of guy Philly needs right now, and they would be happy to get him at this draft pick. Although I am skeptical of Borchardt’s talent, he might still provide help inside rebounding, provide a solid sub for Mutumbo, and provide some trade options. NBA COMPARISON: Todd McCullough

17. Charlotte- Melvin Ely - A leader that the Hornets need right now to help keep things together in the inside, while Baron Davis takes over the backcourt. NBA COMPARISON: Erik Williams

18. Orlando- Frank Williams - The Magic are a team that need another scorer right now, and for Frank Willams, scoring is as natural as anything. Furthermore, Williams is a sick passer and when he gets the rhythm going, he seems unstoppable. NBA COMPARISON: Stephon Marbury

19. Utah- Jiri Welsh – at 6-7, Jiri Welsh has plenty of size for the SG position, but can play the point as well. Teams gobble up players like this, and Utah could definitely use some young talent. NBA COMPARISON: Kerry Kittles

20. Toronto- Roger Mason - A great defender and shooter, Roger Mason can provide more help for Vince Carter, and provide a solid backup for the injury prone star. NBA COMPARISON: Eddie Jones

21. Portland- Jamal Samson – Portland has been relying on Scotty Pippen to carry them far too long, Jamal Samson could give the Trailblazers another reliable scorer and rebounder. NBA COMPARISON: Dikembe Mutumbo

22. Phoenix (from Boston) Chris Jeffries – Stephon Marbury is the main man in Phoenix, but he has struggled to handle the load all by himself. Chris Jeffries is a natural scorer, and might be able to take enough pressure off Marbury in years to come, that Phoenix could be a legitimate playoff contender. NBA COMPARISON: DeShawn Stevenson

23. Detroit- Rod Grizzard - would fit in well with Detroit, a nice defender and shot blocker, and might provide the much needed offense that Detroit lacked inside. NBA COMPARISON: Hedo Turkeglu

24. New Jersey- Carlos Boozer – Has a sick wingspan, and speculation is that with time he can shave down the extra size put on at Duke to become a PF, and gain enough speed to become a reliable SF. NBA COMPARISON: Zach Randolph

25. Denver (from Dallas)- Dan Dickau – An excellent shooter from anywhere on the floor and a great passer. With the loss of Nick Van Exel, Dicau might be just the thing Denver needs. NBA COMPARISON: Steve Nash

26. San Antonio- Dan Gadzuric - The kind of player that is difficult to match up with for the opposition. With great agility and quickness for a man of his size, he can provide the kind of help inside that the Spurs need for Duncan as David Robinson nears retirement. NBA COMPARISON: Danny Fortson

27. L.A. Lakers- Jason Jennings – Could provide the much needed backup for Shaq, runs the floor very well and has an excellent shooting touch, however he seems to shy away in clutch moments and has a reputation of miss-timing his rebounds. NBA COMPARISON: Zeljko Rebraca

28. Sacramento- Nenad Kristic – A vicous defender and shot-blocker. Can jump through the roof and can run the floor well. He would fit in very well with Sacremento’s style of play. NBA COMPARISON: Theo Ratliff

As usual, comments are welcome --

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I hope the Lakers don't draft Jennings-he would be a waste because he would only play 5 min at most,and he is not the answer for when Shaq retires.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Chris Jeffries is nothing like Stevenson. Jeffries has great defense and a better shot. Has a good handle and is a SF not a SG/PG like Stevenson. A better comparison would be Pip or Hill

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was having a hard time figuring out one for him, so i went with stevenson, thanks for the suggestions

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by STING
Yeah, I was having a hard time figuring out one for him, so i went with stevenson, thanks for the suggestions
Mason at 20 for the Raps?

They haven't worked him out...
They need a pg and/or SF...
Much more talent before Mason IMO...

I dont think they will draft him.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Mock Draft

Sampson isn't going to the Blazers that early in the 1st round. He'll be an early 2nd round pick. And if the Raps haven't worked out Roger Mason Jr., I don't think that they will pick him.

However, the Clippers never worked out Darius Miles, Lamar Odom or Quentin Richardson.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Mason is not considered first round material. There are possibilities of him going in the first round but not at 20. With the raptors mainly looking at Point Guards they won't gamble their pick on someone like Mason.

Also, I agree with everything else basically in your draft...but not (as Mr.X) mentioned...having Sampson go to the blazers at 21

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
lol watch the heat go out and get a bust. i would laugh but that would put the organization in a hell hole. If they get woods he will take time to develop. Yes, he is good....but has anyone acutally seen him play a full game? Some people have...

All he is doing, is walkin on raves and reviews. he is all hype at this point. hope he can back it up.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, the comparisons weren't really thought out much, as you can probably tell :laugh:

I put them there to find out who other people think they resemble.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Lakers

Originally posted by Wilt_The_Stilt
I hope the Lakers don't draft Jennings-he would be a waste because he would only play 5 min at most,and he is not the answer for when Shaq retires.
They won't draft Jennings. If they move up, they'll draft Qyntel Woods. But, if they stay at 27 they'll take Tayshaun Prince. They sure as hell won't take Jason Jennings. If they do, Mark Cuban and the Maloof Brothers will be laughing their a$$es off.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by STING
1.Houston- Yao Ming - We all know about this one. NBA COMPARISON: Manute Bol

2. Chicago- Jay Williams - Although I am a little skeptical of Williams, I think he might fit in well with the atmosphere. NBA COMPARISON: Andre Miller

3. Golden State- Mike Dunleavy - Good shooters are welcome on any team, and good shooters that are 6'9" are rare, and are gobbled up by any teams that can get their hands on them. NBA COMPARISON: Keith Van Horn

4. Memphis- Nikoloz Tskitishvili – The word is out on Tskitishvilli and Memphis has made it clear that they want this guy. Could play a SF position like Dirk Nowitzki, but it is my true and honest opinion that Tskitishvilli will end up a PF in the end. NBA COMPARISON: Dirk Nowitzki

5. Denver – Caron Butler – Has extremely good moves and knows how to get the ball where it needs to go. He is extremely agile, very fast, and a great shooter from anywhere on the floor. He also can contribute on the defensive end. Your perfect all around player. NBA COMPARISON: Kobe Bryant

6. Cleveland – Drew Gooden – The Cavaliers want Gooden badly, not only is he an outstanding rebounder, but he has very good post moves and can get almost anything to fall when he is feeling it. NBA COMPARISON: Tony Battie

7. New York- Chris Wilcox – Although his stock seems to be falling lately, the Knicks have stated that they will definitely take Wilcox if he falls this far. NBA COMPARISON: Ben Wallace

8. LA clippers – DaJuan Wagner – Very fast and has an excellent feel for the ball inside, is a master at trick shots and could be the most explosive player in the draft. Might be able to give the Clippers the extra edge. NBA COMPARISON: Allen Iverson

9. Phoenix- Nene Hilario - Maybe the strongest of the draft, Nene Hilario would provide the kind of inside power that teams want, Nene Hilario might be just what the Suns are looking for. NBA COMPARISON: Antonio McDyss

10. Miami- Qyntel Woods – Could be the last piece the Clippers need to make them a force to be reckoned with, very quick and agile, he might be the most explosive player in the draft. If he develops well, his comparison to Tracy McGrady might not be all that far-fetched. NBA COMPARISON: Tracy McGrady

11. Washington- Amare Stoudamire - A very tough competitor that would fit in well with the young team. Would have the opportunity of a lifetime to play with MJ, and could be a star in years to come. NBA COMPARISON: Jermaine O’neal

12. L.A. Clippers- Jared Jeffries - I think the Clippers will go after a very solid front court in this draft, and with Elton Brand and Owolakandi already on the roster, they might be able to make some key trades if things don’t work out. NBA COMPARISON: Richard Jefferson

13. Milwaukee- Marcus Haslip - The Bucks need some more inside power, and Marcus Haslip can provide it, also has allot of potential to develop a more universal role for the Bucks. NBA COMPARISON: Danny Fortson

14. Indiana- Kareem Rush - Probably fits better than any other player drafted so far with this team. Shoots well, rebounds well for his size, and can play defense tenaciously at times, would be a perfect replacement for Reggie Miller, and has the kind of leadership that could make a championship team. NBA COMPARISON: Reggie Miller

15. Houston: Bostjon Nachbar – With Ming already drafted, the Rockets only other hole would be the SF spot. The 6-9 SF has a very good shooting touch and can contribute on the boards as well. NBA COMPARISON: Rodney Rogers

16. Philadelphia- Curtis Borchardt - Just the Kind of guy Philly needs right now, and they would be happy to get him at this draft pick. Although I am skeptical of Borchardt’s talent, he might still provide help inside rebounding, provide a solid sub for Mutumbo, and provide some trade options. NBA COMPARISON: Todd McCullough

17. Charlotte- Melvin Ely - A leader that the Hornets need right now to help keep things together in the inside, while Baron Davis takes over the backcourt. NBA COMPARISON: Erik Williams

18. Orlando- Frank Williams - The Magic are a team that need another scorer right now, and for Frank Willams, scoring is as natural as anything. Furthermore, Williams is a sick passer and when he gets the rhythm going, he seems unstoppable. NBA COMPARISON: Stephon Marbury

19. Utah- Jiri Welsh – at 6-7, Jiri Welsh has plenty of size for the SG position, but can play the point as well. Teams gobble up players like this, and Utah could definitely use some young talent. NBA COMPARISON: Kerry Kittles

20. Toronto- Roger Mason - A great defender and shooter, Roger Mason can provide more help for Vince Carter, and provide a solid backup for the injury prone star. NBA COMPARISON: Eddie Jones

21. Portland- Jamal Samson – Portland has been relying on Scotty Pippen to carry them far too long, Jamal Samson could give the Trailblazers another reliable scorer and rebounder. NBA COMPARISON: Dikembe Mutumbo

22. Phoenix (from Boston) Chris Jeffries – Stephon Marbury is the main man in Phoenix, but he has struggled to handle the load all by himself. Chris Jeffries is a natural scorer, and might be able to take enough pressure off Marbury in years to come, that Phoenix could be a legitimate playoff contender. NBA COMPARISON: DeShawn Stevenson

23. Detroit- Rod Grizzard - would fit in well with Detroit, a nice defender and shot blocker, and might provide the much needed offense that Detroit lacked inside. NBA COMPARISON: Hedo Turkeglu

24. New Jersey- Carlos Boozer – Has a sick wingspan, and speculation is that with time he can shave down the extra size put on at Duke to become a PF, and gain enough speed to become a reliable SF. NBA COMPARISON: Zach Randolph

25. Denver (from Dallas)- Dan Dickau – An excellent shooter from anywhere on the floor and a great passer. With the loss of Nick Van Exel, Dicau might be just the thing Denver needs. NBA COMPARISON: Steve Nash

26. San Antonio- Dan Gadzuric - The kind of player that is difficult to match up with for the opposition. With great agility and quickness for a man of his size, he can provide the kind of help inside that the Spurs need for Duncan as David Robinson nears retirement. NBA COMPARISON: Danny Fortson

27. L.A. Lakers- Jason Jennings – Could provide the much needed backup for Shaq, runs the floor very well and has an excellent shooting touch, however he seems to shy away in clutch moments and has a reputation of miss-timing his rebounds. NBA COMPARISON: Zeljko Rebraca

28. Sacramento- Nenad Kristic – A vicous defender and shot-blocker. Can jump through the roof and can run the floor well. He would fit in very well with Sacremento’s style of play. NBA COMPARISON: Theo Ratliff

As usual, comments are welcome --
:upset: AGGGG -- Man I have to do alot of editing on these comparisons, what was i thinking?

:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts