Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Construction of pedestals on the Delta Center's southeast plaza is nearly complete, so John Stockton is about to be immortalized, at 150 percent of life size, in bronze.
The 8-foot-tall statue of Stockton - posed passing the basketball, naturally, to a yet-to-come statue of Karl Malone - will be installed next week, and formally unveiled in a ceremony attended by the former Jazz guard on March 30.
Sculptor Brian Challis, a Murray native, will attend the ceremony along with Stockton, his family, and Jazz owner Larry Miller at 4:30 p.m., before that night's game against Denver. Challis' rendering of Malone will join the 800-pound Stockton statue sometime next season.

http://www.sltrib.com/jazz/ci_2619931

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think it'd be more appropiate if they unveiled Malone's statue together with Stockton...that's just my opinion. Just seems weird to me.

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
calijazz said:
I think it'd be more appropiate if they unveiled Malone's statue together with Stockton...that's just my opinion. Just seems weird to me.
Do you think it's because Malone played another year with the Lakers? and are you calijazz @ jazzfanz?

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
This is a great thing....Stockton and Malone put the Jazz on the map for a decade...they are two of the greatest players to ever play the game and I think that it's awesome that they will be immoralized for the future generations to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts