Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Brutal loses for sbu...reminds me in magnitude when cremo and Nichols up and left. Sbu may struggle next season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I’m entering the transfer portal.

I can’t go to this damn school anymore
Feels like this might be the best for you. There's clearly a gap in what you expect vs. what the school provides and believes is its mission for athletics. Don't make yourself miserable over it. But, I will tell you being this level of miserable over a college sports team for any school any where in the grand scheme of things, is ultimately not worth it.

·
Registered
14,156 Posts
Put together an article on each teams best chance to win AE player of the year. I originally had Olaniyi as the odds on favorite, but unfortunately since had to update it. I have Makale Foreman as SB's best shot and hopefully he'll stay on. Each Teams Best Chance to Win AE Player of the Year
Just no...rizzuto isn't going to be starting in the back court with Healey. Also no mention of Healy being badly injured second part of conference play. I'm not gonna die on the Healy cross but this article is a no from me...he's certainly has his limitations, ball handling, defense...etc but you got some problems here. Just saying.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just no...rizzuto isn't going to be starting in the back court with Healey. Also no mention of Healy being badly injured second part of conference play. I'm not gonna die on the Healy cross but this article is a no from me...he's certainly has his limitations, ball handling, defense...etc but you got some problems here. Just saying.

Rizzuto has been a big part of Albany's rotation in his two years there. 38/55 games started on a 26.2 mpg average. Clark is leaving which should open the door for even more opportunities for Rizzuto. Which true guard on the team (excluding any transfers or freshmen) is going to start over him? Jojo Anderson? Rian Carter? Nick Fruscio? Not to insult those kids, but they aren't anywhere close to Rizzuto's level. Can't imagine Healy's injury was that "serious" since he still played in 31 games and only twice all season would he not play at least 23 minutes. Healy isn't the perfect prospect which is why I have him rated so low, but who else on Albany gives them a better chance of winning player of the year? It's a pretty slim list. Maybe you could make an argument for De Sousa, but even that is a considerable stretch. Maybe Albany get's lucky and an incoming transfer or freshman balls out for them, but like I mentioned, no transfer or freshman has ever won the AE player of the year so they've been excluded. By all means if you can present any argument for an Albany player outside of Healy or Rizzuto who gives them a better chance of winning player of the year I'll update that section.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Rizzuto has been a big part of Albany's rotation in his two years there. 38/55 games started on a 26.2 mpg average. Clark is leaving which should open the door for even more opportunities for Rizzuto. Which true guard on the team (excluding any transfers or freshmen) is going to start over him? Jojo Anderson? Rian Carter? Nick Fruscio? Not to insult those kids, but they aren't anywhere close to Rizzuto's level. Can't imagine Healy's injury was that "serious" since he still played in 31 games and only twice all season would he not play at least 23 minutes. Healy isn't the perfect prospect which is why I have him rated so low, but who else on Albany gives them a better chance of winning player of the year? It's a pretty slim list. Maybe you could make an argument for De Sousa, but even that is a considerable stretch. Maybe Albany get's lucky and an incoming transfer or freshman balls out for them, but like I mentioned, no transfer or freshman has ever won the AE player of the year so they've been excluded. By all means if you can present any argument for an Albany player outside of Healy or Rizzuto who gives them a better chance of winning player of the year I'll update that section.
FYI
De Souza entered the transfer portal.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think Healy has the best pure shooting mechanics in the league. Granted, that doesn’t always translate to numbers but if I’m an opposing coach, he scares me way more than anyone else.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The good news is the AE is not that strong outside of the first 2 or 3 teams. I thought a big flaw last year was allowing Forman and Olaniyi(others as well) to take whatever shot they wanted whenever they wanted. That may have been ford trying to placate the guys and keep everyone happy. Lets not forget Olaniyi missed 5 out of the last 8 games to close out the season. without him they were 3-2 and 1-3 with him. granted wins over binghamton, maine and albany(not the best teams) and loses to Vermont and Hartford by 11, 9 & 6(the two best teams).

7 guys left but only 1 or 2 actually matter. these loses will be tough but Garcia was already graduating so cant really blame him and olaniyi missed a bunch of games and we faired ok. Forman would hurt but again he took alot of bad shots and it is hard to change that behavior this late in the game. I put this on the coaching staff that if they can step up the defense like pikiell coached teams and have disciplined offense where it is not run and gun SBU can compete for the title in AE. Let's not forget that 11 out of last 15 years the championship game did not include the 1 or 2 seeds(75%). 6 times the game has featured a 4 seed or higher. Coaching will be the difference maker this year and i think they can do it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
...and the other shoe has dropped.

Makale Foreman has tweeted that he is entering the portal.

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
149 Posts
I don’t think this has anything to do with Ford. Makale was appreciative of him in his goodbye tweet. I think all of them saw the allure of playing in a higher conference (thanks to their buddy Yeboah) and took it. Once one of them left, the others realized they had no reason to stay.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hey, fellow Vermont fans perusing this thread. Just a reminder that every awful thing that happens to us for the next several decades is direct payback for getting to keep Anthony Lamb for 4 years. Because what SBU is going through is getting closer and closer to normal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
word on the street is it started with someone getting into Garcia's ear about playing on a bigger stage. once he left olaniyi saw no reason to stay now foreman.

i dont think it is a Geno problem. he is a good guy who can win games. i think it is timing. you have guys who are all graduating, do not need to sit out a year and coronavirus has people saying anything form half season to no season at all. Why take the chance and waste your final season in college at stony brook if you could potentially do it at lets say syracuse or georetown...

no being around your guys 24/7 is a big problem and it looks like it hurt sbu bad

·
Registered
320 Posts
Such good competition and a really entertaining team. I wish we could get seasons where everyone stays and we have a really competitive AE.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts