Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are most Magic fans and alot of Magic fans here giving Troy Hudson all this hate toward him. T-Hud is 6'1, 170 pounds and is a sparkplug off the bench. Everyone wants to trade him to get more cap room. Hudson is dirt cheap at 2 years for 1.1 million dollars. THATS CHEAP FOR A PLAYER WHO KNOWS HIS ROLE!THud has won alot of games for the Magic. And most importantly he finished SECOND IN THE LEAGUE IN FREE THROW PERCENT%and everyone knows that free throws win games. The man from Illinos has played all but one game this year. And for someone to have played an average of 25 minutes in the playoffs and averaging 14 points a game is worth keeping around. He is so energetic of the bench and shows much potential. Hudson is very young with alot of talent and will help the Magic for many years to come.

Thats only if they decide to keep him.

The Magic have three Free Agents.

One in Pat Garrity. Garrity helped us win many with that famous lineup against Philly and his great three point shooting.

Two, is Monty Williams. I personally think we dont need him for our playoff run. If we get a free agent or two along with our draft pick there will be no room for him.

Three, is the man himself Troy Hudson. At just 1.1 million I say if everyone thinks we need a point guard, we should get one in the draft and keep troy hudson and we would have a good point guard trio.

This year was Hudson's first breakout year and we showed all expect a much better year from THud.

PLEASE POST YOUR COMMENTS AND PLEASE STOP HATING HUDSON!

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
The main reasons Magic fans don't like Hudson is that he turns the ball over because of stupid things, and he never passes the ball. I like the guy, he comes off the bench and gets into the game right away. If he can just improve on taking care of the ball more and not turn it over so much, he can be a starter in the future.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Oh please, Hudson a starting job on our team? we'd be a laughing stock. Not only is he a guy who can't control the ball but even when he's on fire and he's the main man out there he still misses some easy layups like in the Hornets series that totally pissed me off.

He's not worth it, if we take a PF in the draft then Jerylll Sasser can take his spot as the backup PG for Armstrong.

·
Registered
40 Posts
troys a natural sg. and i have grown to love him this season. I used 2 cringe when he had the ball but now re-signing him is a must.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Originally posted by T-Mac
Oh please, Hudson a starting job on our team? we'd be a laughing stock. Not only is he a guy who can't control the ball but even when he's on fire and he's the main man out there he still misses some easy layups like in the Hornets series that totally pissed me off.

He's not worth it, if we take a PF in the draft then Jerylll Sasser can take his spot as the backup PG for Armstrong.
lol! Sasser isnt a PG! hahaha!
And Sasser Over T Hud, mwuahauhauaha!
Good one....

·
Registered
388 Posts
OK. First of all, we are rumoured to draft Frank Williams so I say we use Troy Hudson in a sign and trade deal for Danny Fortson if we can. I cannot stand his game he is a heartache to watch play, he isn't the ideal backup for Armstrong, IMO.

Jeryll Sasser isn't exactly a PG, true. He's defensive and exactly what we need, I'd take him over Hudson because he would fit in way better. He's listed at 6'6" but I always keep in mind T-Mac is the playmaker when DA is gone and sometiems when DA is on the court so that's why I build my oppinion like that.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Let me say I'm not a Hudson fan. You talk about his energy off the bench, which is true, but you also talk about him knowing his role, which he definately doesn't.

I wouldn't have a problem with him if he played more of a Bobby Jackson type role, but he is the back up point guard, which is crucial with an anged point guard like Darrell.

When Hudson comes in does the run the offense? Pay attention to the defense or the clock? No, he starts firing away and that isn't what you need from a point guard.

Maybe next season they can let Grant Hill play PG after Armstrong and Hudson can kind of sub in at 2 guard and fire away, but this season he drove me crazy with his shot selection and total disregard for the offense.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Troy Hudson...

You say he doesn't know his role???LOL. You say that he doesn't run the offense. Well duh...Doc told him to score when he comes in off the bench.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I know man, exactly. The guy just comes on and does his daily crazy stuff and he is just a headache. I just hope we get rid of him and I am sure a bunch of Magic fans agree with me.

He takes way too many gambles and most of the times he loses the ball too. :rolleyes:

·
Dwight Howard for MVP
1,163 Posts
Hey man, this guy was a candidate for Sixth Man of the Year and he scored 11 ppg which helped us win games. He isn't as bad as you guys are saying he is.

·
Registered
388 Posts
OK sure he got us 11 ppg but he did get alot of minutes, and also when he got into an offensive rhythm he as kind of a ballhog too and he just needs to go. He's a pain, don't want him anymore.

If you can't see what me & BigTMacFan then let's just agree to disagree. :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts