Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Damon Stoudamire is running his mouth again and it's not pretty . . .

"Man, I'm tired of picking up the paper and seeing [John Nash] talking, talking, talking," Stoudamire said. "The man, you would think he is the best GM in the world. All the man does is talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk, talk. He's the only GM in the NBA who is quotable. Every time you pick something up it's 'John Nash says this', John Nash says, 'We are not doing nothing today.'

"The guy is acting like they have won 50 games a year or something. I'm sick of that," Stoudamire said. "It's like, why don't you just let your team play? Why don't you just go sit your butt in the background? You've done a pretty good job of assimilating young talent, now just let the young talent develop and shut up and sit back and watch."
http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/1132719923254320.xml&coll=7

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Did he mean assembling young talent? Man Damon actually went to school for four years. Pathetic.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Geeze cheap shot by Damon.Maybe it's all the weed thats making him be illiterate and puting his education down the drain.Pretty bad he got the sports scolarship and he aparently didnt study got through on his sports "talent".Just disapoints me when someone who could have put the education to use and try to do good didn't get the chance.I don't know if Damon did this but it seems like the case.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Damon is a very interesting guy, he's so astonishingly blind to how he appears to others. I feel sorry for any woman or sportswriter who gets involved with him, he's almost autistic in his lack of understanding of, or concern for, what makes other people tick. In another life (or possibly later in this one) he might be a serial killer.

barfo

·
Registered
568 Posts
The Sebastian Express said:
Sebastian: Mr. Nash, I WILL NOT BE ASSIMILATED.
John Nash: Resistance is Futile.

HA!

Now that I've said that....

The thing I find funny is that Damon critisizes Nash for always being at practice....and then praises West for being at practice. Critisizes Nash for trying to be too involved, and praises West for giving him shooting advice.

So would Damon have been happier in Portland if Nash pulled him aside and coached him on his jumper?

Something tells me that's not too likely.

And really....why does he think Nash is always in the papers? He's not calling up Quick and Canzano just to chat and get his name out there. The writers call him, ask him questions, and he answers them. Would he and Quick prefer that it was just a constant no comment? C'mon....

And if I remember.....didn't Mo Cheeks say constantly how much faith he had in Damon? If so, than why this:

"The best compliment I've received as a basketball player is when this coaching staff told me that regardless of what you score, don't ever underestimate what you are worth to this team and what you bring to this team," Stoudamire said. "The difference between now and being in Portland is I know my worth to this team."
And how many times and I going to start a sentence with the word "and"?

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
Damon is Kobe's rat *** in Xericx's avatar. 'Nuff said.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
I will say what Damon didnt......Nash is a pure scumbag! As much as i think damon is a bit of a wacko....hes right on the money about Nash. Nash looks like a bully and loves to have the upper hands in situations like Rubens where he knows Ruben has no other choices just like damon and Sar last year. Now I will admit some players bring these things upon themselves but i think nash really enjoys messing with them afterwards. Nash does have a big mouth and and has done zero to really make any comments about anyone. How about he get a team in teh playoffs before judging anyone. Hes the one who is garbage. Damon has said what ive been saying along time...SCREW JOHN NASH! Dmaon isnt a great player but nash is an awful GM IMO!

Damon has a good heart and really seems fond of telfair......and for that its hard to dislike Dmaon. I really believe he liked Portalnd and wanted to stay.

·
Registered
568 Posts
mixum said:
Damon has a good heart and really seems fond of telfair......and for that its hard to dislike Dmaon. I really believe he liked Portalnd and wanted to stay.

I'ma try and ignore that first paragraph and focus on the second....

It is tough to dislike Damon....now that he's gone. It was easy to dislike him when he was here a lot of the time though. Every time I thought he was turning the corner he stabbed himself in the foot again.

I think he wanted to stay too, but I dont think he would have been happy with what he would have been doing. He wanted to stay, but on his own terms. I can respect him for that, but not for spinning the story like he did.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
just when damon makes us all respect him, he goes and crams his foot waaay down his throat..

Hey Damon...when you stop thinking you're the best PG in the game (or can conjucate a sentance structure that doesn't include the term "uh" and "y'know" ) maybe we won't be mocking the hell out of you.

Damon, learn from past mistakes...SHUT UP.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It is nice to hear Damon get his words out. Especially ye olde "Double Negatives." It is also good to hear he's happy because I am overjoyed the he has a new situation. I don't have hatred for Damon, but I knew that the Blazers would never be great with him running the point. The fan support would never totally turn around and our style of game wouldn't change. He is a decent guy and has a good heart, but no offense, he is a Portlander that is better of sabotaging the opposition.

Maybe he never trusted Nash because Nash never had a chance to trust Damon. With all the incidents and infractions, they just got on the wrong foot. Not that I am standing up for Nash, but you have to look at situations from all aspects.

As for not talking about an offer to return, it is not like he brought the organization any glory. No Wester Conf Championship, No rings, No All-Star appearences, all he did was break team records. I can understand his bitterness, but take away the fact that he's a homer and it is all just business as usual.

Granted you really can't compare any GM to Jerry West, that just isn't fair.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
RPCity said:
The thing I find funny is that Damon critisizes Nash for always being at practice....and then praises West for being at practice. Critisizes Nash for trying to be too involved, and praises West for giving him shooting advice.
He also, as many posters here did, attacked Whitsitt for NOT being at practices.

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Redbeard said:
It is nice to hear Damon get his words out. Especially ye olde "Double Negatives."
And even a rare triple negative, with a come-on:

Shakespeare said:
"Come on, just don't not say nothing."
This gets a "10" from the judges (except the French one).

barfo

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
Bridge burned, *****ing done, Blazers win, Damon loses, time to move on!

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I honestly don't mind Damon's comments, but it seems like he and the Blazers were always on different wavelengths. From the benching to the reduced role, he never seemed to find and settle into a groove. This article just reaffirms that Damon and the Blazers' brass didn't agree on his value to the franchise.

·
Registered
499 Posts
"I thought I meant more to that team than just basketball," Stoudamire said. "From a basketball standpoint, I knew where I stood. But from the overall standpoint of things, in terms of being an asset and an ambassador for that team, I don't think they can find another player like me. Because for what they are trying to preach out there and for what they are trying to embrace, who knows it better than someone who is right there in their hometown?"
Wow. Speechless. What a weener.

I think that this just flows better, don't you? Plus you can get away with it!!! :D

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Somes of y'all gots some terrible reading comprehension, rippin' on Damon's ghetto grammar and all...

"The difference between him and (Memphis general manager) Jerry West is that Jerry West is at our practice every day, every day. He sits over there, but he don't play with his two-way, he don't be on his mobile phone. All he does is sit and watch," Stoudamire said.
Seriously, try taking off the Damon hatin' blinders and realize that the above quote actually makes perfect sense. One approach is reassuring, a la an assistant coach looking for small things to point out, while the other undermines confidence and focus. Hmm, that sounds a lot like my criticism of Nash's approach to dealing with Ruben...

Dan

1 - 20 of 49 Posts