Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thats UNBELIEVABLE!
tonight in a loss to the jazz, stoudemire had 20 pts 6 rebs 4 steals and 10 blocked shots! (Zo never made 10)

we gotta get that guy to Miami!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
sounds amazing but u know, Calvin Booth had ten blocks as well vs. Cleveland on the 1/13/04.

in like 20 minutes needless to say, he aint grand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,637 Posts
There is no package that Miami can put together that would be good enough to get Amare.
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Joker</b>!
thats UNBELIEVABLE!
tonight in a loss to the jazz, stoudemire had 20 pts 6 rebs 4 steals and 10 blocked shots! (Zo never made 10)

we gotta get that guy to Miami!
Amare had a good game but he ISNT half the shot blocker/defender that Zo was nor will he ever be!!!
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
There is no package that Miami can put together that would be good enough to get Amare.
Amare is good but hes no Duncan,K.G.,C-Webb,Dirk,Brand or J.O.!!!

They can keep him!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the guy is physical and young and putting up these numbers, and yes he did hold his own against duncan/robinson in the playoffs last season!

i hated him cause he was a showoff, but heck with 10blocks a night, he has every reason to be!

and we definately have what it takes to get the guy but we won't do it.
odom alone is enough to get him and more.
wade is enough to get him
caron and a 1st or second rounder are enough to get him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!


Amare is good but hes no Duncan,K.G.,C-Webb,Dirk,Brand or J.O.!!!

They can keep him!!!
Well you have to give him time if you are going to compare him to seasoned vets like those guys. JO and KG didnt exactly dominate when they came in either.
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoyWilliams</b>!
Well you have to give him time if you are going to compare him to seasoned vets like those guys. JO and KG didnt exactly dominate when they came in either.
They didnt dominate but they had unpolised all-around games which is something Amare doesnt have!!!He cant shoot,rebound or shot block like they can,and he sure as hell cant run the floor like K.G.!!!Their games rely on talent and athleticism his solely relies on athleticism!!!They have higher ceilings and are SUPER-STARS cuz they have more talent!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!


They didnt dominate but they had unpolised all-around games which is something Amare doesnt have!!!He cant shoot,rebound or shot block like they can,and he sure as hell cant run the floor like K.G.!!!Their games rely on talent and athleticism his solely relies on athleticism!!!They have higher ceilings and are SUPER-STARS cuz they have more talent!!!
JO sat his *** on the bench for the first four years, and KG didnt have the numbers that Amare has. Amare 13.5 points on 47.2%, 8.8 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks. KG averaged 10.4 points on 49%, 6.3 boards and 1.6 blocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!


They didnt dominate but they had unpolised all-around games which is something Amare doesnt have!!!He cant shoot,rebound or shot block like they can,and he sure as hell cant run the floor like K.G.!!!Their games rely on talent and athleticism his solely relies on athleticism!!!They have higher ceilings and are SUPER-STARS cuz they have more talent!!!
Amare is a lot more talented than you think.
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoyWilliams</b>!
JO sat his *** on the bench for the first four years, and KG didnt have the numbers that Amare has. Amare 13.5 points on 47.2%, 8.8 rebounds, and 1.1 blocks. KG averaged 10.4 points on 49%, 6.3 boards and 1.6 blocks.
The only reason J.O. got benched is cuz the Blazers had Sheed and B.G.,and the only reason K.G. didnt put up big numbers in his first few seasons is cuz he didnt have Amares frame!!!

It took them a few years but they bulked up!!!What happens in a few years when Amare is the same player cuz u cant put on talent like u can muscle???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,236 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!


The only reason J.O. got benched is cuz the Blazers had Sheed and B.G.,and the only reason K.G. didnt put up big numbers in his first few seasons is cuz he didnt have Amares frame!!!

It took them a few years but they bulked up!!!What happens in a few years when Amare is the same player cuz u cant put on talent like u can muscle???
Garnett still isn't as bulked up as Amare. He's just naturally thin, but he's still very strong which you can't see from his frame.

But you don't give Amare enough credit, he's got tons of talent, he doesn't rely solely on athelticism. He's developed a nice jumper this year, and along to go with his unbelieveably quick post moves, and his tenacious defense, he's going to get a hell of alot better with improvement on his game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,637 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!

The only reason J.O. got benched is cuz the Blazers had Sheed and B.G.,and the only reason K.G. didnt put up big numbers in his first few seasons is cuz he didnt have Amares frame!!!

It took them a few years but they bulked up!!!What happens in a few years when Amare is the same player cuz u cant put on talent like u can muscle???
So are you saying that the only way young big guys can improve is by putting on muscle?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,113 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!


Ive got League Pass and ive seen him play a lot!!!

And no he doesnt!!!
So you dont have to be talented to average 16 points and 9 rebounds about 2 blocks a game?
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!


Garnett still isn't as bulked up as Amare. He's just naturally thin, but he's still very strong which you can't see from his frame.

But you don't give Amare enough credit, he's got tons of talent, he doesn't rely solely on athelticism. He's developed a nice jumper this year, and along to go with his unbelieveably quick post moves, and his tenacious defense, he's going to get a hell of alot better with improvement on his game.
I said K.G. and J.O. bulked up but I never said they were as diesel as Amare!!!

Believe what u want,but Amare doesnt have the ceiling/talent to be as good as Duncan,K.G.,Dirk,J.O.,C-Webb or Brand!!!
 

·
Beer Drinker!!!
Joined
·
8,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoyWilliams</b>!

So you dont have to be talented to average 16 points and 9 rebounds about 2 blocks a game?
Let me ask u this...

Lets take away Amares freakish athleticism(let him keep his muscle)and make him an average athlete!!!Do u really think he woulda put up those numbers as a rook or this season wit just his talent???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by <b>HEATLUNATIC</b>!


Let me ask u this...

Lets take away Amares freakish athleticism(let him keep his muscle)and make him an average athlete!!!Do u really think he woulda put up those numbers as a rook or this season wit just his talent???
u dont make sense sometimes.

amare is a very physical and strong player. he's very athletic and defensive minded too. he came straight out of high school to win the ROY award over Yao.
this year he's improved in every aspect of his game and looks to keep on improving especially defensively with all the steals and blocks he's getting.

and you're telling me the suns can keep him?!

if he came to miami trust me ud be the happiest one around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
345 Posts
Amare has a lot of talent and can definitely reach Tim Duncan/Kevin Garnett heights. How old is he like 20? His game does lack polish but he's already a premiere big guy in the NBA only two years removed from high school. The Heat would be glad to have him but unfortunately it'll never happen.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top