Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the ChiTrib

Layups: They were calling it Stoudemire-itis here. Chandler, who apparently tried to provoke Phoenix rookie Amare Stoudemire when the Suns played in Chicago last week, missed the trip. Stoudemire, who was impressive again with 10 first-half points coming off the bench Wednesday, told teammates Chandler has been upset with him since an AAU game when both were in high school. Stoudemire said he dunked on Chandler to open the game. Stoudemire last year also predicted he would be better prepared for the NBA out of high school than Curry or Chandler, saying, "I think my work ethic is a little higher than theirs. They're not really playing hard."

---------

This makes me smile. No better way to set a fire under our young guys than to see this in print. I hope Cartwright has this taped to both of these players' lockers, because this is exactly the type of crap they need to hear to get their butts in gear on the court. Thank you Stoudemire, we'll use this to motivate us next time we play (just hope Chandler doesn't lose his head).

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
agreed, if anything will light a fire under them its one of their peers talking trash like this, let alone someone who hasnt even proven jack in the NBA level!

btw. love your sig!

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
The Three Year Program:
02-03 8th Seed in Playoffs
03-04 4th Seed in Playoffs
04-05 In the Finals

Good luck with all that. No way the Bulls make the playoffs this year, let alone jump to the 4th spot next year and the finals the year after. Be realistic. If the Bulls work hard and their young improve the way they are supposed to, you have a shot at the 8th next year, but you have 0 chance this year. I probably wont remember to come back to this thread, so if you have that big of a problem with what I said then PM me.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
the bulls are better then the clippers last year who could have made the playoffs

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!
the bulls are better then the clippers last year who could have made the playoffs
Johhny B, thats just not true.
Kandi vs curry > clippers
Brand vs any bulls pf > clippers
odom/maggette vs Rose > clippers/tie
Q. Rich vs any bulls SG > clippers
Mcinnis vs any bulls pg > clippers

I think you were just trying to get me to reply and it worked:eek: :laugh:
the only tie you have is rose/ maggette and with his youth and athleticism that is debatable now and maggette will become much better than rose IMO

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
The development over one year, and the erosion of the good teams, should not be underestimated. The NBA is almost as transient as the NFL, with teams like New Jersey shooting to the top and teams like Miami taking huge spirals, for apparently no real reason. And Pitino's sorry days in Boston weren't so long ago, and the Clips' ascension from the gutter of the NBA was pretty quick too.

The Clips would easily have made the playoffs in the East last year, and I think we can see a similar talent pool in Chicago. Fans from across the league will give props to Rose and Jay Williams, and Eddy Curry is making the splash as the real deal. I think most agree that Tyson is developing on a Jermaine O'Neal type pace, although somewhat accelerated because of his significant PT. Donyell Marshall is a legitimate player, as is Trenton Hassell and Marcus Fizer. Jamal Crawford, while still something of a mystery, certainly has the talent and potential to be anywhere from a HUGE player to just a decent one.

To get back on topic... Amare Stoudamire is going to be a big deal. We didn't see Chandler or Curry tearing up pre-season games like Stoudamire is, and he'll be in a good position to get just the right amount of minutes as the 6th man off the bench backing up a brittle Gugs and a foul-prone Big Jake. His insane amount of energy will run amok, as he develops court skills at the same time.

Give this guy a chance and he'll resemble the KG/Kobe high school ascension more than the Jermaine/Al Harrington/T-Mac delayed ascension.

He's going to make teams that picked ahead of him regret it, specifically Golden State (could have used a high energy backup to Antawn/Dampier and used him at SF), Denver (Nickoloz is probably going to be the bust of the lottery), and possibly the Clippers (Wilcox is an athletic freak as well, but Stoudamire is younger and they are both equally raw IMO).

The Suns are an exciting team, and post Lakers-Kings era they will be poised to swoop in. Starbury, Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, Amare, Casey Jacobsen for the shooting (and he's a tougher player than most think)... Big Jake to be an adequate tough center presence... this is a pretty decent team. With veterans like Penny, Bo Outlaw, and Scott Williams, the team has a lot of balance and a lot of offense. Defense will be the issue here, but Amare is in a really good place right now....

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!

Johhny B, thats just not true.
Kandi vs curry > clippers
Brand vs any bulls pf > clippers
odom/maggette vs Rose > clippers/tie
Q. Rich vs any bulls SG > clippers
Mcinnis vs any bulls pg > clippers

I think you were just trying to get me to reply and it worked:eek: :laugh:
the only tie you have is rose/ maggette and with his youth and athleticism that is debatable now and maggette will become much better than rose IMO
it wasnt my intention to get you to reply, but i like seeing my name plastered on your signature anyhow :yes:

heres the matchup

pg-Jwil/Crawford > Mcinnis/Dooling ....UGHHH!!
sg-Rose-Hassel > Pike/Quentin
sf-Marshall/Erob > Magette/ 24-game Odom
pf-Chandler/Fizer/Baxter/Marshall < Brand/Miles
c-Curry/Chandler = Olowakandi

-jwil and crawford is better then mcinnis who you guys just let go for nothing

-jalen Rose and Trenton Hassel are better then Q and Pike

-Donyell Marshall and Erob are better then Magette, a 24-game Odom and miles

-Elton brand and Miles are better then Chandler, Fizer, Marshall and Baxter

-Kandiman and Eddy curry are tied, kandiman was a bust up until the end of last season, curry is showing mad skills already

but even if you put kandiman over eddy, the bulls still are a better overall team on paper then the clippers or last year

·
Registered
2,091 Posts

it wasnt my intention to get you to reply, but i like seeing my name plastered on your signature anyhow :yes:

heres the matchup

pg-Jwil/Crawford > Mcinnis/Dooling ....UGHHH!!
sg-Rose-Hassel > Pike/Quentin
sf-Marshall/Erob > Magette/ 24-game Odom
pf-Chandler/Fizer/Baxter/Marshall < Brand/Miles
c-Curry/Chandler = Olowakandi

-jwil and crawford is better then mcinnis who you guys just let go for nothing

-jalen Rose and Trenton Hassel are better then Q and Pike

-Donyell Marshall and Erob are better then Magette, a 24-game Odom and miles

-Elton brand and Miles are better then Chandler, Fizer, Marshall and Baxter

-Kandiman and Eddy curry are tied, kandiman was a bust up until the end of last season, curry is showing mad skills already

but even if you put kandiman over eddy, the bulls still are a better overall team on paper then the clippers or last year
How do you put Jay will and JC over Mcinnis for starters who now starts for the Trailblazers who are among the most deep talented team in the league. And dooling has more talent and potential than both bulls PG's as long as he stays healthy (at least right now, who knows how fast the three players will develop) We let Mcinnis go for nothing because we got Dre and Marco and already had dooling.
Q Rich/ Pike combo is better than Rose and Hassel, Pike can score and is much better than Hassel, and now he has the perfect pg in Dre who is gonna give him a ton of looks (he was 3rd in 3pt%) just look at his ppg this preseason with only 2 starters on the floor. Rose = overrated and is selfish.

Kandi IS better than Curry
L.O. and Maggette are much better than marshall and erob (both I like though)

If all your comparisons are true you should almost post a 500 record like the clips did last year (and thats in the east). Newsbreak - it aint gonna happen

:cry:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
LOL i stopped reading your post after you said Q/pike and magette are better then Rose/Marshall and Hassel, LO didnt play much last year so he dosent count really

besides, we're talking about LAST years clippers, Q and maggete werent as good as they are now

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Tie at PG
Bulls win at SG
Clips win at SF
Clips win at PF
Clips win at C

Thats 3 to one. Sorry Johnny, Clips win. The tie at PG could easily go to the Bulls depending on how Jay turns out. But you guys overhype Crawford at every chance you get. The guy is no better than Dooling, and neither of them are that great at all at this point in time.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
LOL i stopped reading your post after you said Q/pike and magette are better then Rose/Marshall and Hassel, LO didnt play much last year so he dosent count really

besides, we're talking about LAST years clippers, Q and maggete werent as good as they are now
Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that too. Sorry Clip man, Rose & Hassell straight drub Q & Pike. Plus, I would take EITHER JWill or JC over Dooling every day. Dooling has some potential, but he's in a different universe than JWill & Crawford IMHO.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>R-Star</b>!
Tie at PG
Bulls win at SG
Clips win at SF
Clips win at PF
Clips win at C

Thats 3 to one. Sorry Johnny, Clips win. The tie at PG could easily go to the Bulls depending on how Jay turns out. But you guys overhype Crawford at every chance you get. The guy is no better than Dooling, and neither of them are that great at all at this point in time.
Great analysis from a guy who doesn't even think the Bulls have a shot at an 8 seed in the east this year. Man, anyone who follows an eastern team should be able to tell you that the east is WIDE open. And how do the clips win at sf? I can see it if Odom was healthy, but he hasn't been for some time now.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Uggg......Anyone who thinks Donyell Marshall and Erob is better than Odom, Miles and Maggette is obviously biased as hell. :eek:

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>local_sportsfan</b>!
Uggg......Anyone who thinks Donyell Marshall and Erob is better than Odom, Miles and Maggette is obviously biased as hell. :eek:
Yeah, they are MUCH better, if Odom is healthy...

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Yeah, they are MUCH better, if Odom is healthy...
yep, out 3/4th of the season last year :(

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of that too. Sorry Clip man, Rose & Hassell straight drub Q & Pike. Plus, I would take EITHER JWill or JC over Dooling every day. Dooling has some potential, but he's in a different universe than JWill & Crawford IMHO.
I can see Rose and Q being about equal but Q is getting better with every game and will soon pass Rose. Pike is better than hassel, look at the stats, when has hassel ever finished top 5 in any catagory. IMO those PG are all in the same universe.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Originally posted by <b>THE'clip'SHOW</b>!

I can see Rose and Q being about equal but Q is getting better with every game and will soon pass Rose. Pike is better than hassel, look at the stats, when has hassel ever finished top 5 in any catagory. IMO those PG are all in the same universe.
we're talking about last year, the bulls can make the playoffs because the clippers of last year were close

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Anyone...

...remember the Miller-Miles deal?

How about McInnis to the Blazers?

You call yourself a fan!

:laugh:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.