Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i'd give neither max. plus we cant with having kidd,vince,rj on our team. stro is going ot be paid on potential because he hasnt exactly bc a superstar in memphis but many can see what he can become. sar has been more developed obviously but he isnt max either imo.

i can see a team like NO or ATL giving stro max though

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
i'd give neither max. plus we cant with having kidd,vince,rj on our team. stro is going ot be paid on potential because he hasnt exactly bc a superstar in memphis but many can see what he can become. sar has been more developed obviously but he isnt max either imo.

i can see a team like NO or ATL giving stro max though
Absolutely, this team can't afford to carry dead salary. The Nets have just done it for way too long already. IE Jayson Williams, Mutombo, Fieck...

-Petey

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
uptown4784 said:
I dont get it, I been reading around articles and it says that teams are going give Stro Max-Contract but if I ws GM I rather give SAR Max-Contract
Classic case of looking at age and :drool: over untapped potential

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Stromile Swift birthdate - 11/21/79

Shareef Abdur Rahim birthdate - 12/11/76

I like SAR a lot better but Swift is three years younger.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
i think ratner rather have stro in brooklyn than sar. stro resembles kenyon in a way and looking back ratner knows kenyon is probably the perfect guy to have on your team when you move to NY, he would fit in perfectly. stro brings athleticism and can throw down dunks and excite the crowd and i think thats what ratner would like to have in brooklyn.. just my 2cents

·
Volleyball Coach
24,902 Posts
NetsanityJoe said:
i think ratner rather have stro in brooklyn than sar. stro resembles kenyon in a way and looking back ratner knows kenyon is probably the perfect guy to have on your team when you move to NY, he would fit in perfectly. stro brings athleticism and can throw down dunks and excite the crowd and i think thats what ratner would like to have in brooklyn.. just my 2cents
I know that NI has said this before, but comparing Stro and Kenyon should stop after stating that they were the first 2 picks in the 2000 draft. Other than being able to dunk the ball, Stro and his low BBall IQ could not bring the same qualities that Kenyon brought to the Nets.

Who remembers watching Kenyon push Deke into the proper place on floor when Deke didn't know what he was suppose to be doing?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
I think that people don't know what they are talking about, when they talk about Stro getting max money. And if the people who are talking about Stro getting max money DO know what they are talking about, then the people that the people who are talking about Stro getting max money are talking about are very foolish GMs.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
cpawfan said:
I know that NI has said this before, but comparing Stro and Kenyon should stop after stating that they were the first 2 picks in the 2000 draft. Other than being able to dunk the ball, Stro and his low BBall IQ could not bring the same qualities that Kenyon brought to the Nets.

Who remembers watching Kenyon push Deke into the proper place on floor when Deke didn't know what he was suppose to be doing?
im only saying that stro resemble kenyon in the athleticism department. forget the defense/emtional aspect bc stro wont match that. but we saw how many EASY dunks kenyon got via alley-oops from kid and got putback dunks. thats what stro can do. whenever you can get easy points is a plus. where you were drafted i think has nothing to do with it, i didnt even think of that. i thought i mentioned this before but i guess i didnt. not to mention who knows what stro can do with a change in enviornment...a change sure as hell help vince. maybe we could get lucky twice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts