Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Will the Central be .500 or better and will the Atlantic be .500 or less

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now no team in the central is below .500 and no team in the atlantic is above .500. Will this be true at the end of the season?

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
No, I do think New Jersey will be over .500 by end season. Philly will probably hover around .500. The Southeast only has 2 of 5 winning teams in it (1 if the Wizards can't continue at their current pace). Central is definitely the power division though and that will remain through the end of the season, with possibly every team having a winning record.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
LBJthefuturegoat said:
Right now no team in the central is below .500 and no team in the atlantic is above .500. Will this be true at the end of the season?
Maybe the case with the Central is true.

But the Sixers and the Nets will both finish above .500

·
Registered
251 Posts
There are purely no arguements on how the Central division will last above .500 because the division itself has title contenders (Pistons,Pacers) so its imposibble to be below .500 at the end of the season.For the Atlantic,well,we gotta wait till the middle of the season and see what happens.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
All 5 teams in the central look like playoff teams right now. The Bulls look like the worst team in the division to this point, them or the Cavs, and both teams look like locks for a playoff spot at the very least, with potential to move up to the 5th spot when it's said and done.

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
ShuHanGuanYu said:
No, I do think New Jersey will be over .500 by end season. Philly will probably hover around .500. The Southeast only has 2 of 5 winning teams in it (1 if the Wizards can't continue at their current pace). Central is definitely the power division though and that will remain through the end of the season, with possibly every team having a winning record.
a jason kidd lead team has always finished above .500, this season will be no different. He "WILLS" them to victory when it counts. And if im not mistaken, the southeast is by far playing the worst as of now.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
atlantic is horrible. but comon they should manage at least 1 .500 team :rolleyes: otherwise are so not deserving of the auto 3rd seed.

·
I Love This Game
2,596 Posts
I voted yes, but i misread the question.

I thought you were asking if the combined records would be over .500 not every single team.

So my vote should be no...lol

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i gotta say yes

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
It won't work out cleanly .500+ for Central and .500- for Atlantic, but it'll be close.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
The Atlantic is taking the hit for this, but realistically, outside of the Central division, there is only one team who is above .500, and that's the Heat. The Southeast isn't doing that much better really.

Pistons
Pacers
Cavs
Bucks
Bulls
Heat

Only 6 teams in the east who are above .500, and the first five make up the central division.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts