Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Word is that Carlos Strong of Deering high in Portland, Maine has committed to Boston University. It's too bad Maine missed out on a good homegrown player, but from what I've heard, I'm not sure Carlos is the kind of player Maine needs, attitude wise. But, it's a nice signing for BU, the kid can play.

·
The Invisible Iron Fist
1,253 Posts
JB43 said:
Word is that Carlos Strong of Deering high in Portland, Maine has committed to Boston University. It's too bad Maine missed out on a good homegrown player, but from what I've heard, I'm not sure Carlos is the kind of player Maine needs, attitude wise. But, it's a nice signing for BU, the kid can play.
What sort of attitude issues are you talking about? I don't think any team needs people with bad attitudes. Coach Wolff has a history of not "meshing" well with players like that...

:boxing:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I heard that on his visit to UMaine, he had some problems interacting with the current players and other people around campus, and they were not very impressed. Sort of like he had a chip on his shoulder the whole time.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Seth said:
What sort of attitude issues are you talking about? I don't think any team needs people with bad attitudes. Coach Wolff has a history of not "meshing" well with players like that...

:boxing:

so Dennis and Matt don't get along :biggrin:

I kid, I kid

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
I don't think that we should be judging high school player attitudes through second hand reports. Honestly, I'm surprised that he even visited UMaine. I doubt that he ever seriously considered attending the school, and that may be the "attitude" that some around the Maine program are referring to. Strong seems like a city kid through and through, and like many high schoolers in Southern Maine......they feel a stronger (pardon the pun) kinship with New Hampshire and Massachusetts then they do with anything North of Portland.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts