Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quoting Bulls G Jamal Crawford
. On the game:
“We kind of lost control of the game and our second unit really came in and gave us a big lift and played really hard. If we can take one positive out of the game that would definitely be it. With the coaching change, we are pretty happy with where we are right now.”
I am sorry but this is sickening. He is happy with where we are right now. WTF?! This team is an absolute mess and will be a high lottery team again and he is happy. I want no part of someone who is happy being 12-27. Geez.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I hope he is just speaking for himself and not the team when he says, "we are happy..". Probably we is just him and Curry.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Happy????

Some competitive spirits would've been mad&pissed off.

JC has been given the chance to step up and lead this Bulls' squad but he can't...So let's not overvalue JC.Bring in McGrady and have him next to JC and now we are talking.Fantasy Chad Ford world..wow

I wonder if the kid has a bit of SELF KNOWLEDGE.

We suck and he says we are going to the playoffs..

We can't win two straight games for a sample..dammit...

JC's days in Chicago could be numbered:|

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
I hope he is just speaking for himself and not the team when he says, "we are happy..". Probably we is just him and Curry.
Hey another title for a thread..Should we "seperate" JC and Eddy???

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
No one knows in what context he meant that in because none of us were there .:no: Dont you guys ever get tired of this ?This overanalysing every little thing someone says from a distance and then taking shots at them for 7-8 pages . :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
the other jamal quote:

On Jason Williams shot before half:
“That shot Jason Williams made kind of took the air out of the balloon. That was a tough one to go into halftime with because it gave the crowd momentum and gave their team more confidence. In the second half I thought we fought hard, especially the second unit.”

IMO this is even more stunning. whaaa?

talk about not having competitive spirit. geez.

interesting that bulls.com didn't post any quotes from skiles. but then again, what was left to say?!

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't care about the context of the question. Bottomline is he said we are happy where we are right now. I just do not understand how you could be happy with all the losing.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
or he could've meant that he was happy the game was over and they were glad to meet the press :confused:

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Say what you want about Ron Artest. He was a crazy ******* but he hated to lose. Wish we had more players like that.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
>>With the coaching change, we are pretty happy with where we are right now<<

I think he's talking only about the coaching. In other words, it's a dig at Cartwright. At least, that's how I'd take it if I were the GM...

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
I sorta fall inthe middle reading this.

I think this is another way of saying "We think we have the pieces in place -- new coach, some new players."

I don't think he's saying he's happy or content losing. I think what is implied is once the team is at full strength, he believes the team will be much improved and he sees them heading in that direction. I don't think it was necessarily a backhand slam on Cartwright, except to the extent that he's happy that the team is moving forward and in his opinion, geting to a position to win games.

I agree, that "No Excuses" aside, we haven't really seen what this team can do when healthy and I believe the health issue has strongly contibuted to many of our losses.

I agree that a healthy Pip now and healthy Ty soon may make an impact on our record. I am happy with the new coach and if not happy, I'm not unhappy with his personnel moves.

I do disagree with Jamal's sense of happiness to the extent that he doesn't seem to think (by implication from his statements) that further changes need to be made. Since he is the most obvious talk of trade bait, perhaps this is his attempt to put a little spin on things and keep himself here.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I can't believe you guys would take that quote in a negative light. Oh no, wait, yes I can. I'm MUCH happier with the way the team has been playing of late. Last nights game was almost flawless to the way we want the Bulls to play. Sure, they lost, but at least guys are getting on the same page and the team is playing the style of basketball they need to play to be successful. I thnk THAT is something to be happy about. I'mnot surprised we didn't beat Memphis, they are a damn fine team! But, if we keep playing the way we did last night our next two games should be wins. Last night the team attacked the basket. Sure, JC did go 3-13 but most of the misses were misses from the paint, plus he got to the line a lot. So I'm happy with that.

I think you guys are turning his quote into:

"Yes, we are very pleased with all the losing we have been doing of late, boy, we are really getting good at it!"

And thats clearly not what he is saying at all. He is happy where the team is at because it is making progress. Anyone should be able to see that even though we aren't exactly the best team in the league.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
Last nights game was almost flawless to the way we want the Bulls to play. Sure, they lost, but at least guys are getting on the same page and the team is playing the style of basketball they need to play to be successful.

i honestly wish i understood how 21 turnovers could be considered "almost flawless"

i am seriously :confused: by you sometimes ACE!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!

i honestly wish i understood how 21 turnovers could be considered "almost flawless"

i am seriously :confused: by you sometimes ACE!
Well obviously the turnovers weren't a good thing. But the Bulls ATTACKED THE BASKET consitently almost the entire night. A lot of these turnovers were situations where so & so would drive the lane and instead of getting the blocking call they would be called for the charge. Or someone trying to feed the ball down low and it being knocked away. Certainly they want to get a better handle on turnovers than they did last night. What I am saying is that the team had a good effort and a good strategy. If they keep playing like they did last nigh (hopefully sans the turnovers) they will win some games.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Honestly, what would you rather hear?

1. Crawford: "We've been losing, and its my fault. I take full responsibility and I know that the onus is completely on me to make this team better."

This sounds noble and leadership oriented, but I don't want Crawford thinking that he is the man of the team. I don't think his leadership would be the most effective one, and I think the way he references the coach almost every time he is quoted is a great sign that Crawford is beginning to be humbled. A quote like the above would marginalize his teammates' importance. A team rises together, a team falls together, and a team is accountable to itself.

2. Crawford: "We've been losing, and it's my fault and everyone else's fault. We suck and need to get better. The players suck, the coaches suck, I suck, we all freaking suck. Suck it, suck it good, suckers."

Obviously not worded that way, but some people might brand this "competitive spirit". I think that the Bulls have been trodden upon enough already. The fans boo, DaBullz is leading the revolution to economic sanctions, and people keep getting fired and traded. There has to be some kind of cohesive spirit even through the losing. And you know that if Crawford is going to have negative comments about the game, he'll have negative comments about the team, not just him. He's in the process of BEING humbled; he's not just plain humble yet.

By the way, what if the 2nd unit DID fight hard? This would marginalize their effort. "It wasn't enough! This losing just can't go on." When a team gives their all in a certain part of a project, you can't rob them of credit because the ends justify the means.

3. Crawford: "We fought hard. Things are looking better, even if we're losing. The coaching is solid; if we put out that kind of effort more often, soon enough the wins will start coming. We didn't win tonight, but on a team like this right now, we need to hang on to every positive we can. I think we're in a good place. The second unit especially fought hard."

Crawford gives credit where credit is due, which is not himself but the 2nd unit. He credits the coaching with a good game. He omits the fact that he himself didn't have a great shooting night and that the overall play of certain guys wasn't totally there. But regardless, he does note that there are a few positives to take away, and that they should be noticed. A team full of negativity will never motivate its way back just out of anger.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
May I top off that glass of kool-aid for ya ACE?

Would you like some ice? Nice twist of lemon?

just kidding man!

:laugh:

PS. TB#1 - nice avatar!

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
May I top off that glass of kool-aid for ya ACE?

Would you like some ice? Nice twist of lemon?

just kidding man!

:laugh:

PS. TB#1 - nice avatar!
Did you watch the game?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts