Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at some Euro sites and came across this guy. Exactly how tall is he? I've seen him listed anywhere from 7'9 to 8'2. Can he play at all? He has to be the biggest pro player ever.

·
Registered
219 Posts
hes 7'11" but doctors say he could grow to 8'2". hes 22 years old and his knees need surgery. he was signed by galatasaray (a turkish team). a scout found him in a village on the border of turkey / iraq. he has not played any basketball yet but they hope to convert him. could be a few years before he gets on the court.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
I seriously doubt he is ever going to play a pro basketball game. People his height have trouble just walking regularly, just imagine him on a basketball court. He would look like bambi on ice, it would be terrible...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Actually he can't play, but it's not about his skills, it's about his body. This season he's going to have a lot surgery and next season he'll begin to train. (He didn't know what basketball was...)

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
yea, hes 22 and already has major knee problems. I dont see him doing anything ever

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
7'11"? Could grow to be 8'2"?

That's insane. I don't care if he ever plays pro, I just want to see him.

Here's a picture of Wadlow for all you Book of Records fans:

(8'11.1")

He only lived to be 22 and was 490 lbs. at the time of his death!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Re: Here is a picture of him...

Originally posted by <b>Peja Vu</b>!
Judging from that picture he has pretty short arms. Pavel and Slavko have comparable reach and they are a good 5-8 inches shorter than him. I don't think he is worth the trouble.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts