Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the results of todays game Wiz supposed to have played at 12pm against the Timberwolves I wonder did Kwame play today.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good looking out Bch ,you were right it seems as if JJefferies is being more agressive I really believe and this maybe getting way to carried away but he could become a really big star watching his deameanor and the way he passed the ball his court awareness we may have gotten something special in him paired that with Kwame who I think will become a star as well as Rip and we could be really good in a few years. where do you see Jefferies upside.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just checked out the box score of summer league game ... U have to be happy with some progress of the two rooks ... JJ 13 pts 4 rbs 3 asst and Dixon 16 pts 3 rbs 6 asst ... Good shooting game for Dixon who hasn't been shooting that well ... Etan is looking like a beast ... but considering that he is going against Loren Woods ... he should be dominating but all in all I'm liking his development ... Its good to see Kwame out there playing although he was limited to 18 mins b/c of foul trouble ... the more games and practices the better for Kwame's development ...

Hope the rooks and Kwame keep on improving and showing more progress :D

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I believe it is not possible to foul out of the game.

I would mark Kwame's 18 minutes to taking it slow on his injury.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I am not putting too much into the summer league stats.

I already know Kwame could play very well in summer league games because he did so last season. I am more interested in him getting time to play along side Etan and Haywood as well as the new guys like Juan and Jeffries.

I wish Grizzard was there as well. I think he will be seeing plenty of time on the inactive list but hopefully he can make some positive strides from it like Simmons and Etan have.

Juan and Jared's stats are not really that important either but it is fun to see how they are adjusting so far. I would be worried if I didn't see Juan shooting, or Jeffries playing.

Right now things seem to be moving along fairly well.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I dont think Jeffries will ever be a "superstar", but he could end up a few years down the road with near triple-double averages.

Very good at all aspects of the game. If he had the athleticism of someone like Tracy McGrady, he'd be damn scary.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Because most people wouldnt consider someone who averages less than 18-20 ppg a superstar.

If he averaged 12 ppg, 9rpg, 8 apg would you consider him a superstar?

Also people usually dont perceive guys that dont dominate games as superstars. I dont ever see him absolutely dominating games.

Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Hilarious.

Jason Kidd is a superstar and he averages less than 15 ppg last year.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
That is why I didnt use definitive words such as ALL or EVERY. See the MOST and USUALLY in there?

Also, did you notice the point about dominating a game? J Kidd can do that at times, hence the reference to superstar.

I think most people throw the word superstar around way too much anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
I agree but if someone is putting up stats that are close to a triple double, I think he might be sufficiently putting his mark on the game. Especially when the only other guy doing it is Jason Kidd, and he is a bonafide superstar.

You said MOST people would not regard him a superstar if he didn't avg 18-20 ppg, I think almost everyone considers Kidd a superstar and he doesn't avg that much.

You said USUALLY people do not consider someone a superstar unless they dominate the game. I think avg close to a triple double is sufficiently dominating.

Do I think JJ is going to throw up numbers like that? Not even close so I am not even going to worry about it.

I think 15/5/5 is probably a better gauge of what he might be able to provide 3 or 4 years down the line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts