Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey does anyone remember when we last talked about Kwame Brown. I think someone said that he was a bust and the Wizards made a bad move drafting him. Well im sorry for whoever said that way back when ,but check the stat line people

Rebounds
MIN FGM-A 3GM-A FTM-A OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS PTS
39 4-12 0-0 4-5 3 15 18 2 4 2 2 5 12

Now I know the field goal percentage is not that great , but 18 rebounds , 5 blocked shots, and 12 points? Hek people that kid ain't gonna be a bust.

word out

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm the one who said that and I never said he was going to be a bust for his career or he would not improve, I said he has done nothing in the NBA in his first year and being a number 1 pick he under achieved alot. Which under my book considered him to be a rookie BUST.

Here is my controversial quote (well at least to you)

-----
"Every #1 pick is expected to be good in there first year. I dont care how young, how mature or how in-experianced if your a number #1 your more then just a future project. You come in to make your team better right off the bat and get better and better every year.

If a #1 pick is playing at the end of the bench for half a season the season was a BUST.

Kwame Brown is BUST so far no question. I have no idea why you are even arguing this. If Yao Ming plays like Kwame did last season he will be a major bust. If Lebron James plays like Kwame did he will be a bust in his first year ect.

Will Kwame get better?

Of course but he did not develop into the player as quickly as the Wiz expected him to. which qualifes him for a Bust

And dont say

"Oh but he was in high school these things take time'

Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry showed me alot more potential then Kwame this first season and trust me I saw alot of him."

-----

There it is, I still think Kwame was a bust in his rookie season, I did not expect him to get 20/10 but I did expect to see some glimpses of the player he could be in the future which is something I did not see as much as a Chandler/Curry.

I'm also not going to judge him on one game, I watched the game and Kwame did play solid. He had some fierce blocks and nice buckets

He also got alot of cheap boards with the Wiz shooting 29% and the Raps 35%. He was also being guarded by a weak front court.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well in my opinion, a bust has to cover a lot of years. I'm saying that in order for someone to be called a bust, he has to have played at least 3 or 4 years to that point. I agree that Kwame was no good his first year, but I don't believe he should have been called a bust.

word out

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C-MO 22 LD</b>!
Well in my opinion, a bust has to cover a lot of years. I'm saying that in order for someone to be called a bust, he has to have played at least 3 or 4 years to that point. I agree that Kwame was no good his first year, but I don't believe he should have been called a bust.

word out
Point taken, Maybe a bust is too hard of a word. He definetly did under achieve in his first year alot. So far in the first 2 games of the season he's looked terrific. He explained it like this

"In my first year I was playing like a robot, now I'm a year older and wiser, I just had to matture"

I like what I'm seeing so far from him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts